Ford Racing ProCal Tuner - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sean Reilly

I am running the Procal II tune for over a year now, and I Love it!....I have had other tunes loaded into my '11 GT, But I wanted to keep the FRPP warranty with my '13....And believe Me! The Procal II can perform much more than people think! My dealer Showed me that you can even perform PMI upgrades with the latest software from Ford Racing...

OP, if I were you, I would check into the "New" (Almost available) 2014 GT Track-Key option that is being offered (I actually Swapped My 2013 Gauge Cluster to the New (Built after 7-1-13) late build 2014 "Dual Path" Gauge Cluster so I can use the 2 Key (1 Regular Tune, and 1 Track Tune) Option....As with this option, you not only get the More aggressive Tune, but you also get "Launch Control", and the option for the "Lopey Idle" along with about another 500+ Changes that the Track Key Tune has...

For those of you with a 2013 GT Manual, or a Early Build '14 (Built BEFORE July 1 2013) Must use the Procal Tuner in order to enable the GT Track Key, and once its loaded you will have all the same Tune Options, but you will NOT be able to have the 2 Key Option unless you Swap out your Gauge cluster like I did....

Zeroaviation (Matt) knows more than anybody here when it comes to Mustang PCM's, and Every Module that resides within our beloved Stangs!.....
(and Yes Matt, I couldn't believe it! But the SVT Tech at my Dealer showed me how to use the Latest Procal II to perform a PMI on any Module! As he said..."For $400.00+ It had better have VCM IDS capabilities!" ......

OP, Check THIS Out >>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/523.htm

Sean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Well, the only problem with that is track key offers more noises but not more performance.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
My dealer Showed me that you can even perform PMI upgrades with the latest software from Ford Racing...

Sean.
Sean, I have an early 2013 Auto (Late May 2012 build) and I have the procal tuner. How do you perform the PMI upgrades? Do you know if Ford racing gives you upgraded tunes? The tune I have is better than stock, but still too conservative.

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches

Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Well, the only problem with that is track key offers more noises but not more performance.
That is Misinformation! It changes OVER 600 parameters within the PCM...Torque management, Fuel and Spark Mapping, Throttle Response, etc. etc.....It IS the Same as the current Procal II Tune with the LC and Lopey Idle added on......

It may not be anywhere near as Aggressive as OTHER Tunes, but its just Fine for Many of us!.....

THIS Post will NOT turn into a who's Tune has a "Bigger Johnson"...This I WILL Guarantee!

Sean.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
I am running the Procal II tune for over a year now, and I Love it!....I have had other tunes loaded into my '11 GT, But I wanted to keep the FRPP warranty with my '13....And believe Me! The Procal II can perform much more than people think! My dealer Showed me that you can even perform PMI upgrades with the latest software from Ford Racing...

OP, if I were you, I would check into the "New" (Almost available) 2014 GT Track-Key option that is being offered (I actually Swapped My 2013 Gauge Cluster to the New (Built after 7-1-13) late build 2014 "Dual Path" Gauge Cluster so I can use the 2 Key (1 Regular Tune, and 1 Track Tune) Option....As with this option, you not only get the More aggressive Tune, but you also get "Launch Control", and the option for the "Lopey Idle" along with about another 500+ Changes that the Track Key Tune has...

For those of you with a 2013 GT Manual, or a Early Build '14 (Built BEFORE July 1 2013) Must use the Procal Tuner in order to enable the GT Track Key, and once its loaded you will have all the same Tune Options, but you will NOT be able to have the 2 Key Option unless you Swap out your Gauge cluster like I did....

Zeroaviation (Matt) knows more than anybody here when it comes to Mustang PCM's, and Every Module that resides within our beloved Stangs!.....
(and Yes Matt, I couldn't believe it! But the SVT Tech at my Dealer showed me how to use the Latest Procal II to perform a PMI on any Module! As he said..."For $400.00+ It had better have VCM IDS capabilities!" ......

OP, Check THIS Out >>>>>>>>>>>>
2013-2014 MUSTANG GT TRACK KEY

Sean.
Sean, thanks -- I appreciate your feedback, as well as all of the others'. Having gathered a considerable amount of positive information, I'm leaning towards the ProCal unit. I am aware of the GT Track Key, and I'm considering that as well. Unfortunately, it's still not available to be shipped, and thus, no 'real life' data is available. I don't need to squeeze out every last bit of HP and torque, and the warranty advantages are obvious. A 60 lb/ft increase in torque at 1,500 RPM, improved throttle response and a Ford warranty make the ProCal a good deal for me.

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
Sean Reilly

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittSS View Post
Sean, thanks -- I appreciate your feedback, as well as all of the others'. Having gathered a considerable amount of positive information, I'm leaning towards the ProCal unit. I am aware of the GT Track Key, and I'm considering that as well. Unfortunately, it's still not available to be shipped, and thus, no 'real life' data is available. I don't need to squeeze out every last bit of HP and torque, and the warranty advantages are obvious. A 60 lb/ft increase in torque at 1,500 RPM, improved throttle response and a Ford warranty make the ProCal a good deal for me.
You WILL be Very Pleased with the FRPP Tune
As I said, i have run Many a Tune in my '11, including STEEDA, Bama, AED, and even BBR....All of those Tunes were GREAT, but the FRPP tune is SAFE, and it Will kick you in the Pants with Ease!.....And you wont have to worry about that P1000 Code popping up when you bring you Stang in for warranty work.......

Sean.
PONY Member

Garage
Ford Racing ProCal Tuner

Quote:
You WILL be Very Pleased with the FRPP Tune

As I said, i have run Many a Tune in my '11, including STEEDA, Bama, AED, and even BBR....All of those Tunes were GREAT, but the FRPP tune is SAFE, and it Will kick you in the Pants with Ease!.....And you wont have to worry about that P1000 Code popping up when you bring you Stang in for warranty work.......

Sean.

Wouldn't the P1000 come up until a drive cycle is complete even with the pro cal? My P1000 went away after 50 miles of driving (Steeda 91 tune) and I immediately took it for an OBDII emission test which it passed. I did have all O2's turned on though as I had cats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
GT Member

Quote:
That is Misinformation! It changes OVER 600 parameters within the PCM...Torque management, Fuel and Spark Mapping, Throttle Response, etc. etc.....It IS the Same as the current Procal II Tune with the LC and Lopey Idle added on......

It may not be anywhere near as Aggressive as OTHER Tunes, but its just Fine for Many of us!.....

THIS Post will NOT turn into a who's Tune has a "Bigger Johnson"...This I WILL Guarantee!

Sean.
Show me one dyno with significant improvement on TK and show me the data that the TK is the Procal tune.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
Wouldn't the P1000 come up until a drive cycle is complete even with the pro cal? My P1000 went away after 50 miles of driving (Steeda 91 tune) and I immediately took it for an OBDII emission test which it passed. I did have all O2's turned on though as I had cats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes it will come up until a OBD II Sensor Reset has been performed (if you have a P1000 code active) Your CEL light WILL blink 7 Times after 10 seconds of a key on cycle....If your Rear O2's are Turned OFF, Your CEL light WILL Blink 8 Times after the same 10 Seconds with the key switched to Power on....And as you already know, if you are getting 8 CEL Blinks, No amount of driving will Clear that P1000 Code...Until thats is, you energize those Rear O2's through your Tuner......No FRPP Tune turns off the Rear O2 Sensors! Or ANY OEM Sensor for that matter!

What I meant was that you WONT have to worry about that Code giving the Dealer Concern to go checking deeper into your Copperhead PCM if he sees the FRPP C.A.R.B. Sticker (I placed mine in the Doorjamb, but Cali. wants it Mounted on the Shock Tower).......

Sean.

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 05-14-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Show me one dyno with significant improvement on TK and show me the data that the TK is the Procal tune.
First of all.....I had already stated that I WILL NOT let this turn into a Pizzing match!

I got my information straight from FRPP as to what the GT Track-Key's performance is going to be like.....I will say it again!.....It is the current Procal II Tune with the addition of the Toys that the Boss TK offered......It Will make More HP/TQ over the Factory OEM Tune!.....Is it anywhere NEAR as aggressive as any of the other Aftermarket Tunes out there?!....Well of course Not....

Show you dyno sheets??......The Product isn't even available yet!....And No, its NOT the Same as the Boss TK,.......Enough Said....

Sean.
Sean Reilly

Just food for thought (Which can be Confirmed by Deysha) I have Personally Spoken (At Length) with numerous Factory Engineers from Both Ford MoCo, and FRPP........They BOTH Monitor This Site along with others......And they have a tendency to give Site Staff access that they wouldn't give a regular "Joe" Just so We can put it out there to try and dispel Internet baloney, and in the case of FRPP, well they just don't want to have 600 phone calls by Members asking the Same question....I have spent more time on the phone, picking the Brain of the Lead Powertrain Tech. from Ford, than I have talking on the phone with My Wife!......Just so as to try and give People the Info right from the "Horses Mouth" thats all.....

Sean.
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Tribefan
Quote:
I got my information straight from FRPP as to what the GT Track-Key's performance is going to be like.....I will say it again!.....It is the current Procal II Tune with the addition of the Toys that the Boss TK offered......It Will make More HP/TQ over the Factory OEM Tune!
Sean.
Well, if this is true, I'm now thinking I'd go with the track key over the Procal. I can't wait til the track key is in customer's hands and comparisons can be made!

2014 DIB Track Pack GT
GT500 Axle Back
MGW Race-Spec shifter
2011 SVTPP wheels w/ 275/40ZR19 & 295/35ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Roush front splitter, 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler, RTR rear decklid panel
SR Performance 1.5" Lowering Springs, Oil Separator & Steel Braided Clutch Line
Stock Dyno Results: 375 HP, 361 TQ
GT Member

Calm down. It isn't a pissing match to ask some questions and want some independent verification, when claims are made. I can't wait to see some proof to these claims. Certainly Ford's fail with the Boss TK has to play into willingness to accept statements from any corporate horses'...mouth.

Ford's own bumf makes no power claims and states it is not compatible with the Procal tune (which is an understandable statement since it overwrites existing software).

As you can see, I have no issues with Procal 2, in fact, I'm blowing "93R" tuned cars out of the water with it at my local 1/4.

Rookie

Been running the ProCal tune now for a year now and no issues at all. I run 93 all the time and experience no ping under any conditions, hot/cold/2nd gear starts/1-3 shifts or WOT. I felt the greatest difference on the low end 0-4K band. Never had problems laying strips before but now I have problems maintaining traction. The potenza's are really sticky for a street tire in summer yet have no problems melting them.

I was on the fence as well with a BAMA or custom tune but chose the FRPP to eliminate any potential issue with warranty yet gain the same benefits you're looking for. I think it's a conservative approach to getting more out of the coyote. I have no problems pulling with any non supercharged car on the street. Just need bigger/stickier rubber on the back to fix the launch!

2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Race Red - 5% Tint - 6MT - Brembo's - Roush A/B - FRPP/BAMA Tune - KN Filter - Barton shifter - 3.73s - JLT catch - Raxiom Navigation - Redline struts - Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04's
Sean Reilly

Hey Ken, the reference to the "I will NOT allow this Thread to turn into a Who's Aftermarket Tune is the Best?!".......

And it was in NOT My intention to make You, or anybody else for that matter, think that I Was refering to to any particular Member that has Posted (As of yet)...
Ken my man, I know that you are running a FRPP Tune, and you seem to be pleased with its overall characteristics....
My intention was to let others (And believe Me there are Plenty!!) that come across THIS Thread, to not bother "Chiming In" with the 'Ol
"Dont even bother with the Tune from Ford Racing! As its a waste of $$ compared to (Fill In the Blank) Tunes!"

Then what winds up happening??.....You then get 5 different Members with 5 Different Tunes, arguing amongst THEMSELVES as to which has the Better+Faster Tune!!.....And then it ALWAYS winds up going in a Direction that never ends well!...And after all of that, nobody is even talking about the Procal II anymore!
Thats why I took the proactive Stand that I did.....I did Not mean to offend anybody here...It was for the potential Troller that just Hates the FRPP Tune, and more than 80% of the Time, that particular Member/Guest has NEVER even used or driven in a Stang. that has the Tune installed in the First Place!!

Sean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page