Ford Racing ProCal Tuner - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Not to hijack the thread or anything but the Track Key for the 14.5 GT's are now for sale. The site explains the difference between the trackey and the track cal (procal III?) Thought it would help on the subject a bit as I'm now more interested in the key more than the pro cal unit
CALIBRATION TRACKEY MUSTANG GT 2014.5 | Part Details for M-14204-MGTTKA | Ford Racing Performance Parts

2014 Mustang GT: Deep Impact Blue, 300A, Track Package, Recaro Seats, GT500 mufflers and BOSS 302 shifter knob
Ordered: 8/16/14 Build Date: 9/9/13 Received: 9/19/13
2003 Mustang V6: Stock, 5 speed, 79,XXX miles

1970 Pontiac Firebird: The project car. Pontiac 350 (.040 over), 400 Ram Air Heads, high lift 068 cam, Ram Air manifolds, TH350 Transmission w/shift kit and many more mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just closing the loop on this thread -- I finally got the ProCal tune loaded last week, and I'm very pleased. Throttle response is better, and the car pulls stronger, with no detectable knock so far. I'm using 93 octane Chevron fuel. Ford Racing originally sent a defective tuner, which was disappointing because I specifically requested a new, rather than remanufactured unit. They shipped a new one overnight directly to the dealer, so it wasn't a real big deal -- but did require an extra trip in Atlanta traffic to get there! My service rep on the 2nd visit was a former Steeda employee who is on this board -- super knowledgeable about tuning, and very helpful!

I'd also like to thank the ProCal users who chipped in on this thread, and helped me make the decision to go that route. I'm not planning any further engine/exhaust mods, so the ProCal tune is fine!

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
Rookie

SD MMC Card Empty on Pro Cal II

HI

New to forum

I purchased a power pack from a seller locally for my 2011 gt

It included the gt500 axle back mufflers the k&n filter the pro cal II tool as well as the sd mmc card

The car it was originally on was the same as mine except i have 3.73

I put the sd card in my laptop just because i was curious

It appears empty except when i click on properties

It shows 16kb used and 483 mb free with a total capacity of 483mb

I called ford racing tech and he told me that by inserting it in laptop to read it i destroyed the data and will have to buy new card

Any one have any thoughts on this

Thank you in advance

PONY Member

Garage
I've been running the Ford Pro-Cal II tune for a few months now. Very pleased, no pinging on California 91 octane and I've actually picked up a few MPGs to boot.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
Rookie

I have a '13 GT, Ford Pro-Cal tune from dealership. With k&N filter and roush axle backs.

recently the ford dealer at golf mill said they would inspect my car with the oil change, "may" have reset PCM, or cleared codes ....

shop manager swears they did nothing, or whatever was done wouldnt affect my tune .... 5,000 forum posts and articles read later, I'm at 50/50 if anything can disrupt this tune. some "experts" say yes, some say no. (clearing the PCM that is)

long story short, I got Ford to resend me another replacement Pro-Cal tuner with my cars tune on it. Problem is I dont know if the tune is still on my car or not. and rather than follow the instructions to leave my mustang running for 2+ hours while the tuner re-downloads the tune, I'd like to know first if i have to, and then maybe I can even sell the tuner with the tune on it if I dont need it ! +++

anyone know where I can go (shop, etc...) to have them determine if my tune is on there ? Chicagoland and suburbs .... ?

any way to use the current tuner to first determine if the original tune is there ?

and before anyone says or asks ....
(i dont want to go back to golf mill ford as they are the ones that I am disputing about the work that may have caused my tune to disappear)
(no, I cant feel if the tune is gone, ... it's not that big of a feel in pants mod)
(yes i've called some other Ford dealerships service departments around NW Chicago, some say they dont have the tool to test if the tune is there (probably a lie), some say they dont do custom work (another lie, because a Ford dealer installed this tune and custom work from the original buyer here in Illinois)
(yes i've talked to Ford racing department 800 number, they are not very helpful, and they even suggested I call Roush, which doesnt make sense)

so I have put in the effort, too much if you ask me, and would like any additional help you guys can offer !!!

this is what I have ....

Ford Racing K&N Mustang Air Filter with ProCal Tuner M-9603-MGTB (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping
GT Member

The new Procal tune you have is no use to anyone but you. It is registered to your PCM code and useless to anyone with a different one. Hook the procal tuner up and does it allow you to enter the programming process. Select performance cal and try to load it. It should take no more than 15 minutes if all is well.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page