AED Tuning or Lund Tuning? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: AED Tuning or Lund Tuning?
AED 25 75.76%
Lund 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteLight View Post
Yes, the difference is very real and noticeable from every tuner.

I've heard the Bama Tunes are the worst mail tunes in the refinement and drive ability category, but they won't ruin your car or anything. I here good things about AED and Lund, and for longevity and safety I've heard Steeda is the best.

The dyno tune will be the best and will give you more horses than any e mail tuner can.
I currently have bama on mine and have only tried bama. Nearest decent dynos I heard are around 3+hours away from me. Is it actually worth the $250 mail tune from AED then you think? Has anyone gone bama to AED?


2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Apprentice
 
Deluxe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 87
 
I have a question and I hope I get this right. We intend to data log which we send to AED. We then get our tune-$150.00 less than on a professional dyno- upload the tune. Run it and do another data log. We then send it to AED and he makes final adjustments for our tune. I have to believe that this is about as close as one can get to a dyno tune without being one.
My Son has been studying tuning and knows far more than I. He intends to get the HP product which will allow him to open up the tune and make changes. This process is neither recommended for those who do not have the time or the knowledge to alter a tune. They should find a good canned tune or see a tuner.
I really want to hear from Beechkid as he seems to have a better handle on this subject than most. I would have quoted him but his dissertation was far too long.

Deluxe is offline  
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
I have a question and I hope I get this right. We intend to data log which we send to AED. We then get our tune-$150.00 less than on a professional dyno- upload the tune. Run it and do another data log. We then send it to AED and he makes final adjustments for our tune. I have to believe that this is about as close as one can get to a dyno tune without being one.
My Son has been studying tuning and knows far more than I. He intends to get the HP product which will allow him to open up the tune and make changes. This process is neither recommended for those who do not have the time or the knowledge to alter a tune. They should find a good canned tune or see a tuner.
I really want to hear from Beechkid as he seems to have a better handle on this subject than most. I would have quoted him but his dissertation was far too long.
Great question. I'd also like to hear Lund vs AED as i know beefcake racing has got their mustang into 8.8 with their Lund tunning.

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
Brutal Metal's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Largo
Posts: 5,431
 
Send a message via Yahoo to Brutal Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post

Here’s what I would suggest you need to know. With regards to “Tuners”, years ago it was the best that most could do to enhance the ignition timing, fuel curve, transmission shift points, etc. It is important to verify the “Tuner” is ASE certified in ECM & Trans programming & current. Plenty of persons advertise their programs to be the best & offer custom tunes, but very few have credentials in these areas. Some of these “geniuses” have caused damage to a few vehicles- just jump over to flatratetech.com & read comments from the MSE techs!
ASE certified tuners? your joking right? The best of the best tuners in this country don't need that moniker

99 SVT Cobra-Teksid.020(284ci)
Stock HCI,Manley Pistons & H Beam Rods
Polished Vortech V-2,Reichard 3.10/6.75ATI(14lbs Boost)
GodSpeed SpecV Intercooler,60's,Twin Aviator's,
04 SVT Tank/Twin Hat,SCT-BA5000,BF IRS Brace
MPH Powerpipe,ProCharger BPV,
Mac O/R H & 2.5 CB
Vogtland Springs,Bilsteins,MM CC Plates,Steeda Tri-Ax,MT ET Streets
Home of Worlds Fastest All Ford Outlaw 10.5 Car 4.03/200.80 Fordspeed Racing
Brutal Metal is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
Brutal Metal's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Largo
Posts: 5,431
 
Send a message via Yahoo to Brutal Metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU logan View Post
Don't just say one or the other, but rather tell why.
Since your in Florida I'd suggest taking it to Justin Starkey at VMP in Orlando in person or get him to write you a tune.. OR we're 2 hrs more south, Rob just tuned a 2012 today, 439RW with Boss intake and headers through an auto.

99 SVT Cobra-Teksid.020(284ci)
Stock HCI,Manley Pistons & H Beam Rods
Polished Vortech V-2,Reichard 3.10/6.75ATI(14lbs Boost)
GodSpeed SpecV Intercooler,60's,Twin Aviator's,
04 SVT Tank/Twin Hat,SCT-BA5000,BF IRS Brace
MPH Powerpipe,ProCharger BPV,
Mac O/R H & 2.5 CB
Vogtland Springs,Bilsteins,MM CC Plates,Steeda Tri-Ax,MT ET Streets
Home of Worlds Fastest All Ford Outlaw 10.5 Car 4.03/200.80 Fordspeed Racing
Brutal Metal is offline  
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
jamison90's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 52
 
I had bama and just switched to Hypermotive. Big difference between the two. With the hypermotive tune; no low RPM bucking, no lag when going through the gears, smooth all the way through every gear, pulls hard.

2014 5.0 M6 | 3.73 | GT500 Axleback | Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe | Barton Shifter Bracket | Hypermotive Tune
jamison90 is offline  
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison90 View Post
I had bama and just switched to Hypermotive. Big difference between the two. With the hypermotive tune; no low RPM bucking, no lag when going through the gears, smooth all the way through every gear, pulls hard.
So worth the swtich you think? Currently have only had BAMA on both my GTs and found a local tuning place thatll do it for 400. 400 worth of difference?

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
jamison90's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 52
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer View Post
So worth the swtich you think? Currently have only had BAMA on both my GTs and found a local tuning place thatll do it for 400. 400 worth of difference?
I would do a dyno tune when theres some more mods done to the car. Just my opinion. The hypermotive tune is $99 and you get 3 revisions.
switching from bama to my current tune was well worth it for the price.

If you're interested, the site is hypermotive.com

2014 5.0 M6 | 3.73 | GT500 Axleback | Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe | Barton Shifter Bracket | Hypermotive Tune
jamison90 is offline  
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison90 View Post
I would do a dyno tune when theres some more mods done to the car. Just my opinion. The hypermotive tune is $99 and you get 3 revisions.
switching from bama to my current tune was well worth it for the price.

If you're interested, the site is hypermotive.com
I think I'm kinda at the end of my bolt on mod which is why I'm looking now. Was just saving for a possible S/C. The place said after your first tune any tune after that is 200.

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
FSU logan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 155
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Metal View Post
Since your in Florida I'd suggest taking it to Justin Starkey at VMP in Orlando in person or get him to write you a tune.. OR we're 2 hrs more south, Rob just tuned a 2012 today, 439RW with Boss intake and headers through an auto.
I am 3ish hours south of Orlando for the summer. Blow by Racing is right by me, but I don't need a dyno tune for my first performance mod. I like AED and Lund because you can use them as a first mod and forever modify your tune to other boltons. After I install my S types, I plan on getting an o/r x and maybe switch to E85 w/ 47# injectors for Nitrous. Unfortunately, I don't believe Tallahasssee has any E85, but here in SoFlo there's tons of stations with it.

2007 v6 Premium Pony Pkg Satin Silver Mustang | Go 'Noles
Dual 12" Subwoofers | Aftermarket System (Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS) | Magnaflow 16605 Cat-back Dual Exhaust | JLT CAI | SF3 Tuner | BBK 70mm TB | Sequential Lights
Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

FSU logan is offline  
GT Member
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: oxFORD
Posts: 1,870
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer View Post
Has anyone gone bama to AED?
gues you didnt read the entire thread (dont feel bad, I never do either lol) I went from Bama to AED and couldnt be happier

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline  
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
gues you didnt read the entire thread (dont feel bad, I never do either lol) I went from Bama to AED and couldnt be happier
Hahahah i actually searched it after i posted this and it lead me back to this thread. Had no idea I hadn't read part of it so I was praying I could delete this. I emailed AED last night and he responds super quick. I didn't realize you need a laptop though and I only have my fiancees mac which wont take the software

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
PONY Member
 
TheWhiteLight's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 625
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer View Post
Hahahah i actually searched it after i posted this and it lead me back to this thread. Had no idea I hadn't read part of it so I was praying I could delete this. I emailed AED last night and he responds super quick. I didn't realize you need a laptop though and I only have my fiancees mac which wont take the software
Pick up a cheapo $400 laptop from Amazon lol

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
TheWhiteLight is offline  
Apprentice
 
pballer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fresno
Posts: 66
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteLight View Post
Pick up a cheapo $400 laptop from Amazon lol
well a dyno tune is 400 bucks. so now you see my standstill hahaha

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
pballer is offline  
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
FSU logan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 155
 
You can't borrow a laptop off someone?


2007 v6 Premium Pony Pkg Satin Silver Mustang | Go 'Noles
Dual 12" Subwoofers | Aftermarket System (Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS) | Magnaflow 16605 Cat-back Dual Exhaust | JLT CAI | SF3 Tuner | BBK 70mm TB | Sequential Lights
Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

FSU logan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1