AED Tuning or Lund Tuning? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: AED Tuning or Lund Tuning?
AED 25 75.76%
Lund 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU logan View Post
You can't borrow a laptop off someone?
Workin on it. Everyone went through a mac craze around here and the few laptops that arent are ubuntu and it wont load correctly on that either.

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Pro tune. Supporting local dyno/tuning shops and if there is any problems, you go back to the shop and they figure it out right there on the spot. And re tunes are normally cheaper, and more fine tuned.

1993 cobra all original unmolested- sold
1988 4.6l swapped 99 cobra motor built road racecar.
1988 sunroof 99lightning red 5.0l mild built driver.
1989 tropical yellow 25th anniversary 125 ever built.
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer View Post
Workin on it. Everyone went through a mac craze around here and the few laptops that arent are ubuntu and it wont load correctly on that either.
I don't know many people with Mac computers except when I am away at school.

2007 v6 Premium Pony Pkg Satin Silver Mustang | Go 'Noles
Dual 12" Subwoofers | Aftermarket System (Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS) | Magnaflow 16605 Cat-back Dual Exhaust | JLT CAI | SF3 Tuner | BBK 70mm TB | Sequential Lights
Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

PONY Member

Quote:
well a dyno tune is 400 bucks. so now you see my standstill hahaha
+1 I'd pick the dyno tune over a mail in tune any day, so go for that lol

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'd get dyno tuned if I was nearly fully built or had a power adder.

Dual 12" Subwoofers | Aftermarket System (Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS) | Magnaflow 16605 Cat-back Dual Exhaust | JLT CAI | SF3 Tuner | BBK 70mm TB | Sequential Lights
Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

Apprentice

Quote:
I'd get dyno tuned if I was nearly fully built or had a power adder.
Thats what I was debating. I'm at the end of my mod list as the only think really left I could do is long tube headers but then i'd have to replace my xpipe and idk if it would be that worth it with the cats in cali. AED sounded solid though for 200 vs the 400 id have to pay since blower was on my next list of options anyway

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Thats what I was debating. I'm at the end of my mod list as the only think really left I could do is long tube headers but then i'd have to replace my xpipe and idk if it would be that worth it with the cats in cali. AED sounded solid though for 200 vs the 400 id have to pay since blower was on my next list of options anyway
AED is actually 250, but yeah. I can't believe how overwhelming the AED fan base is and that's why I am choosing Shaun.

Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

Apprentice

Quote:
AED is actually 250, but yeah. I can't believe how overwhelming the AED fan base is and that's why I am choosing Shaun.
Exactly. I called him on the phone and he seemed pretty cool, just have to try an fully understand his directions as I have never pesonally done any of this before. I worry about my local places that work on every car possible.

post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Exactly. I called him on the phone and he seemed pretty cool, just have to try an fully understand his directions as I have never pesonally done any of this before. I worry about my local places that work on every car possible.
I haven't done this before but it doesn't seem too bad. My SCT tuner is actually at SCT currently getting unmarried, so I have to wait for that to return. I've heard it takes 10 minutes or less to unlock and they charge 150 dollars and a 7-10 business day turn around. Pathetic.

Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

Apprentice

Quote:
I haven't done this before but it doesn't seem too bad. My SCT tuner is actually at SCT currently getting unmarried, so I have to wait for that to return. I've heard it takes 10 minutes or less to unlock and they charge 150 dollars and a 7-10 business day turn around. Pathetic.
So you can switch it from your v6 to GT?

post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
So you can switch it from your v6 to GT?
Yup. Had the tuner married.

Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

BOSS Member

Garage
AED for the street and Lund for the track.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice

just from personal experience...the AED tune was almost as much better to drive as Bama was over stock....

the throttle response on the AED tune is many lightyears ahead of bama.... it reminded me of a quick throttle mod on a sport bike
post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJAG View Post
just from personal experience...the AED tune was almost as much better to drive as Bama was over stock....

the throttle response on the AED tune is many lightyears ahead of bama.... it reminded me of a quick throttle mod on a sport bike
Can't wait for my SCT to return to me so I could get started on datalogging for AED!

Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

Rookie

From looking at the Lund site I guess they do not sell the SCT tuners? I would have to get one on my own then buy the tune from Lund?

Is this the way AED does it too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page