AED Tuning or Lund Tuning? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: AED Tuning or Lund Tuning?
AED 25 75.76%
Lund 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So I received my first AED tune today from Shaun. I ran a 4.4 0-60 on the trackpack and I'll do a quarter mile on the trackpack tomorrow when it isn't raining. This is a stock car minus the axlebacks.

2007 v6 Premium Pony Pkg Satin Silver Mustang | Go 'Noles
Dual 12" Subwoofers | Aftermarket System (Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS) | Magnaflow 16605 Cat-back Dual Exhaust | JLT CAI | SF3 Tuner | BBK 70mm TB | Sequential Lights
Sold!
2014 GT/CS Black Mustang
Borla S-Type AB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Have had Steeda tune on my Boss 302 intake/ ARH longtube/Steeda CAI equipped Mustang for 3 years. Just switched to the Cobra Jet Intake and FRPP CAI with AED tune and it is fantastic. Haven't been able to roll the dyno yet but the idle, driveability and top end power are much better and the top end goes on forever. I have rev limiter set at 7800 and the engine just wants to pull more. Shaun was great to deal with and really communicates wit you to make sure the car performs the way you want. I am a road racer so not looking for that full tilt drag tune. But I got that one too anyway.

Haven't run a Bama tune so don't have anything bad to say, just very happy with my AED setup.
Steve

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteLight View Post
Yes, the difference is very real and noticeable from every tuner.

I've heard the Bama Tunes are the worst mail tunes in the refinement and drive ability category, but they won't ruin your car or anything. I here good things about AED and Lund, and for longevity and safety I've heard Steeda is the best.

The dyno tune will be the best and will give you more horses than any e mail tuner can.
shaun from AED told me my steeda tunes numbers were all over the place and it wasn't safe for my car. So now I have an AED tune and it runs like champ.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

Apprentice

Garage
AED tune is the best I could have hoped for. It took a few hours on the dyno, but the 3 hour drive was well worth it. Shaun is super friendly, especially in person. Very knowledgeable.

More points to AED

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
shaun from AED told me my steeda tunes numbers were all over the place and it wasn't safe for my car. So now I have an AED tune and it runs like champ.

Shaun told me the same exact thing about my old Steeda tune when I was datalogging for his tune two years ago. He told me "DO NOT GO WOT WITH THAT TUNE" after I sent him my first datalog. I sent the same log to Steeda and they said "you may have bad gas." When I logged with the stock tune on the same tank of fuel, Shaun said we could proceed with tuning. Love the AED tune.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page