TRACK CAL CALIBRATION FOR EARLY 13s REVIEW - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

So would you say it was well worth the money spent?

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

For me, absolutely. For those that want to do engine mods, no.

Apprentice

I'm really excited for the Trackey on my new 14. The car is already a beast, so I'm good with just a non-tune-required CAI (probably just the Roush intake and filter), Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, and Trackey.

Done.

Then it's all suspension work to put that power down and flatten out the car. I think it'll be perfectly balanced.

Apprentice

make sure to wait for the new version. People have been complaining that the loping idle clogs up your cats and FRPP is going to release a new update.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50blackout View Post
make sure to wait for the new version. People have been complaining that the loping idle clogs up your cats and FRPP is going to release a new update.
Yeah, I heard the same. Going to be about 3 months before I order the key.
Apprentice

OP - how much do you notice the engine braking? That feature seems like a benefit at the track but I wonder about engine life if you use the track key / track cal all the time. Do you notice a big difference when you let off the gas?

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yes there is a small difference. I don't mind it.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by califsp View Post
I purchased the Track Cal because I have an early 2013 GT. Got it from Tousley for $385. You get a certificate and then order the handheld tuner, tune and K&N filter online from Ford Racing. Took it to the dealer this morning. They were easy to work with. They uploaded the tune and didn't charge me. I didn't even buy my car from them! Got a receipt and I'm good warranty wise.
Do you have contact info to get that price? Also was this the price shipped?
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Tousley Ford
Rookie

I'm glad to see positive outcomes for This tuner mine should be here in a couple of days also both the 3" cat back FRPP exhaust set up hopefully it sounds good.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well my GT has been running just fine since my last post. So I was surprised today when I received a new tune from Ford Racing. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see what was changed.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Called the Tech line. They couldn't tell me what was revised. They told me to intall the new tune myself.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by califsp View Post
I purchased the Track Cal because I have an early 2013 GT. Got it from Tousley for $385. You get a certificate and then order the handheld tuner, tune and K&N filter online from Ford Racing. Took it to the dealer this morning. They were easy to work with. They uploaded the tune and didn't charge me. I didn't even buy my car from them! Got a receipt and I'm good warranty wise.

We also adjusted for the tire size using the tuner.

I've only driven the car a couple of times today so I'll make further posts as the PCM finishes learning with the new parameters.

The most noticable thing so far is the lopey idle. I love it! Immediately took me back the way I felt sitting at light, years ago, in my 1970 Boss 302. I've got GT500 quads and it never sounded better.

Next item I noticed was the improved trottle response. I'll never understand why this can't be included in the original calibration.

As I said, I will post some more of my observations over the next few days for those of you who may interested in this for your GT. I'd ask that we don't turn this thread into a debate on other tunes and who's is better. Also, there's no need to go back and forth on the how the warranty works. I called Ford Racing and got the correct information before I made the purchase.
I also have this tune and like it a lot. There has been a lot of discussion about whether it really improves the "top end" performance or not. But I do believe it greatly improves the "low end" performance and the range where most people drive the car on the street.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Returned it to stock. Uploaded the revised tune. Runs great so far.
Rookie

Where can this tune be found?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page