Lowering advice - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
I appreciate the advice and will take into consideration. So right now I have SR performance lowering springs which should lower the car 1.5 in. SRT.T shocks for the rear. I'm still debating on getting SRT.T koni struts or the 10 way adjustable struts by Strange sold by UPR and of course I'll get a adjustable panhard bar, LCA's and the uppers depending on if I need them once I lower the car. Like I said before I'm still debating between the koni struts and the strange struts sold by UPR. Do any of y'all know what the difference is between them and if you could shed some light on the subject. Thanks!!!
Like Sharad said, the primary difference is that the Strange Dampers are adjustable.

I really like the Strange pieces, and we have assisted Strange Engineering with development of several parts, including the S197 Dampers. I sell A LOT of Strange struts and shocks, and we also run them on some of our project cars here at BMR.

That said, the valving in the STR.T is superior in terms of Handling. If you are after Handling, then I recommend the STR.T pieces. The good news is, around this time....spanning for a few months, they (Koni) will typically allow their distributors to run 25% off sales on their products, so you can get into a set of STR.T dampers for <$400....which is amazing, especially considering that they feature a lifetime warranty, and they do honor it BTW.

We are a top tier Koni Distributor. We set many people up with Koni's...and have excellent results.

At this current time, I see "AutoAnything" is running some serious deals on the Koni parts

KONI STR.T Orange Street Shocks - Adjustable Shock Absorbers Reviews & Best Price

I cannot compete with those prices. Koni has a very strict pricing policy. Auto Anything must not be direct with Koni, hence the reason they can advertise at such low prices.

If you have any questions for me, let me know!

Good luck and happy modding!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Sharad I think I'm gonna go with the 10 way adjustable struts. Thanks for the advice. I'll order the strange struts today.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
Thanks Sharad I think I'm gonna go with the 10 way adjustable struts. Thanks for the advice. I'll order the strange struts today.
Sounds good! If you order them from us, let me know and I'll throw in a t-shirt and some stickers.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I lied. I thought the strange strurs were cheaper until I saw the price of the Koni Orange front struts price on autoanything.com and I decied to the koni struts. Which Is nice. Now to play the waiting game
Apprentice

On the panhard bar..is this something you can put on in your garage and just "eye" it up by how the wheels stick out of the fender wells? Or do u need some special tools or alignment?

2011 GT auto, 40k miles, mild tune
"If the price of your advice is an insult, I guarantee you I won't be listening."
GT Member

You can just eyeball it for aesthetic purposes. You will want to have a professional alignment performed after lowering. In my case when they adjusted the rear thrust angle to 0 degrees the axle was offset to one side of which I don't remember so I had the shop center the axle and stay within the thrust tolerance as recommended by Ford. That is one reason I recently went with adjustable Lca's so the next time I have the car aligned I will have the thrust zeroed in. I never even noticed the thrust angle being imperfect. No steering wheel issues and when I launch I can her straightened out quite easily if it starts sliding sideways with loss of traction.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Just google the procedure. I used some string, tape, a couple of lug nuts and a ruler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_stang View Post
On the panhard bar..is this something you can put on in your garage and just "eye" it up by how the wheels stick out of the fender wells? Or do u need some special tools or alignment?

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Finally I've lowered my car with SR springs(1.5), Koni STR.T's, and J&M caster camber plates or caster plates as I've seen them been called. Anyways the car feels like it's planted and not too bad on the road. Plus it looks great too. The only thing I've noticed is that after I installed the knois, new springs, and the J&M cc plates I could hear a squeaky noise towards the top pf the mount. I then put the OE strut mounts back on but now I don't hear that squeaky noise anymore. Also I forgot to add is that whenever I'm on a uneven surface driving I can hear the squeaky noise or when I push down on the front of the car. Can anyone possibly tell me what it could be? Thanks in advance!!!!!
GT Member

If I understand your post correctly you only have the squeaking noise when the caster camber plates are installed. If that is so, then you have already answered your question of what is causing the noise. However why they are squeaking I don't know as I am not familiar with the construction of those caster camber plates. I see that they don't require swapping the OE rubber isolators like the M&M's do. When you modify suspension parts there is always a chance for an increase in NVH. In this case it is the noise. Likely nothing wrong.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I agree with you that NVH was going to increase even before I installed my new parts. Since I've paid for these caster camber plates I do want them on my car because I don't want them to be a waste of money. I guess I have to call J&M for further questions and hopefully they can provide answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page