Ford Mustang Forum banner

Help me pick my suspension upgrades

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  silverstate777 
#1 ·
So I have a 2014 GT and want to lower it. I've been browsing several forums and have a few questions I'd like clear up. Car is %100 daily driven and will never see a track.

I think I'm sold on the Eibach Sportlines as i really like how they level the car out. Everyone says to upgrade shocks/struts at the same time. I'm looking at Koni STRs or would the Eibach Pro shocks be more suited for the Sportlines?

I'm also planning on upgrading to GT500 upper strut mounts. Does this mean i need to buy 05-09 dampers and springs, are the rear springs any different on 11-14s?

One thing I'm concerned about is getting the alignment within spec due to the aggressive drop of the sportlines. The last thing i want is uneven wear on my brand new tires. Should i pick up some camber bolts too, or do I need them? Should I take the car to a dealership for an alignment or a dedicated shop?

I'm assuming I'll need an adjustable panhard bar too. Can anyone give me some good suggestions?

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
plus1..gif This worked perfect for me. Alignment came spot on after toe adjustment.

#4 ·
@dusman59 do you remember what your camber readings were? I'm wavering on doing the GT500 mounts "arrows in" or "arrows out"."

I want more camber for the street than many. Around 1.1 - 1.4 degrees typically gives me flat tire wear with the way I take corners... So I'm on the fence.

(Also doing a mild 1" drop with Steeda Sports)

To answer your question, OP, the springs are identical for all years. You need to order the struts for the older model if you want to use GT500 mounts. But the springs don't change.

#5 ·
See what is in my car in the tag below. The Koni's , FFRP springs, panhard bar & sway bar bushing got me where I wanted to be on my 100% street car. I have 12,000 mile on that setup and very happy. This year I added BMR lower control arms and about to add the BMR control arm relocation brackets and adjustable upper control arm to put the rear end back where it needs to be. Hope this helps are you make your mods.

#6 ·
I don't have the data sheet with me right now but i do remember the camber was only slightly negative. I would install the mounts with the arrows in with a 1" drop. That should give you more negative. I installed the arrows so the top of my strut nut was more outward in the strut tower. If i tracked my car i would definitely want more negative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.