Blown coyote? - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedij0e View Post
Its a d1sc 10lbs boost. The tuner is very knowledgeable. I don't need the (I told ya so's) I understand the risks involved. Just gonna sulk till I unload my paper weight. Hello 1999 Camry
Man! I hate to hear it for ya. No "I told ya so" from me. I wouldn't ditch on the car though. Aluminator motor maybe in the long run????

jedij0e likes this.

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Its a d1sc 10lbs boost. The tuner is very knowledgeable. I don't need the (I told ya so's) I understand the risks involved. Just gonna sulk till I unload my paper weight. Hello 1999 Camry
The tuner didn't sneak up on 627 hp he went there on the first run. Knowledgeable ?

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member

Quote:

No reason to dump the car,, as long as your heads aren't hurt, get a 'Yote from a F150 and swap your stuff over ..

Engine Assembly
Ford Truck F1505.0,8,AUTO,COL,4X4 5.0L (VIN F, 8th digit)96,290B$V01274$2385LKQ-Keystone- Nevada USA-NV(North-Las Vegas) E-mail 702-789-4000

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
That was the first real run not the actual way he got there. Sorry for confusion to the process. This tuner has been in multiple magazines and is not in question by me. I also don't just let any shmoe touch my car. I researched for well over 3 years before I decided he is the one. Again his ability is not in question but my wallet is. After a nice hit from the house a/c I can not justify putting anymore into any car.
I am broke as a joke and I would be ok with being at zero...

2012 GT coupe 401a mt82, 3:73, Brembo, D1SC Procharger, BOSS intake, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni yellows, Steeda bump steer, Steeda adjustable panhard rod, Vossen 10.5 +45 offset with 305 35 20 Cooper Zeon rs3-s
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Sorry for being a bit of an a$$ and I didn't really say "I told you so" it was more like "I hope somebody told you so" because if people are getting the idea that these mods are no-brainer "safe" then that is a bad thing. We should always warn that these mods are risky.

And just to be a bit more of an a$$ . . . if you are "broke as a joke" then maybe a 400 HP toy could have been good enough for now?
#ExpensiveLifeLesson
Thereaper and jedij0e like this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

Last edited by JBert; 06-22-2017 at 06:15 PM.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

We all for one reason or another have made a decision that we wish we hadn't, or bought something we really shouldn't have,but hind sight is always 20/20,we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them, and move on with life. Nuff said.
5.0 Coyote.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
We all for one reason or another have made a decision that we wish we hadn't, or bought something we really shouldn't have,but hind sight is always 20/20,we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them, and move on with life. Nuff said.
5.0 Coyote.
This! Sometimes we roll the dice to be able to enjoy our hobby! I don't see the point in knocking the the guy down over this other than to make ones self feel better or superior some way. (Not saying that's what you guys are doing...)
5.0 Coyote and jedij0e like this.

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
S/C is always a risk even with a prepped engine. My next door neighbor has an R3 S3 Mustang (2012 I think). Less that 20K miles, driven very mildly on the street, never been on the track. Last month the engine blew to smithereens while driving to work. Pistons, rods, block, heads... couldn't get much worse. Roush built, all forged, 9PSI BOOST, $25K repair bill. He got it back last week, and is scared to drive it.

Sometimes life happens to all of us. Nothing we can do but be tough and hang on. My life if falling apart right now too, I wish it were a blown engine. We are finite creatures with finite problems. Savor the good and spit out the bad, best any of us can do. Good Luck to you.
5.0 Coyote, JBert, jedij0e and 1 others like this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Well I was given the best news ever!!! Tuner is SPONSORING me for a short block. Will be on the road in less then a month!!!

2012 GT coupe 401a mt82, 3:73, Brembo, D1SC Procharger, BOSS intake, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni yellows, Steeda bump steer, Steeda adjustable panhard rod, Vossen 10.5 +45 offset with 305 35 20 Cooper Zeon rs3-s
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wow, that is good news and a good sign about that tuner.

Sorry for being an a$$ earlier in this thread, I guess I am just jealous and/or disappointed at myself for always being so conservative, it's more fun to make an expensive mistake every now and then, than to be afraid of making one, LOL

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Wow, that is good news and a good sign about that tuner.

Sorry for being an a$$ earlier in this thread, I guess I am just jealous and/or disappointed at myself for always being so conservative, it's more fun to make an expensive mistake every now and then, than to be afraid of making one, LOL
J,

Well maybe buddy if the person has the necessary funds to make a Huge mistake/error that is.

Terry

817.45 RWHP, 689.20 TRQ, Race Tune, Race Gas, 50 Shot NOS
Saleen Spec/B302 Brenspeed built engine
FRPP Stage-3 heads
Comp Cams 127550 W/Comp Springs
Jesel Billet Roller Cam Followers
10.32 @ 135.56 MPH 2011 World Finals
Type the below line in YouTube for Video:
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
https://www.facebook.com/frank.yee.9...3340330163970/
Dyno run with my 2013 engine!!!

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
5.0 Coyote.
buyer's remorse is strong. at that point you just need to remind yourself why you bought what you bought

I don't drive fast, I fly low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page