Blown coyote? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Problem is he is in Canada. We get destroyed on prices here.

Might be cheaper to trailer the car across the border and do the work there. Even with the exchange rate.
Yeah, on top of the 20+ percent exchange rate because the weak Canadian peso, we get tagged an extra 13% in GST and provincial sales tax on everything we buy, even services.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
Yeah, on top of the 20+ percent exchange rate because the weak Canadian peso, we get tagged an extra 13% in GST and provincial sales tax on everything we buy, even services.
Geese man theres gotta be a way better than getting raped without lube like that...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!
Apprentice

I know brenspeed doesn't support water meth injection but I would say anyone running a good amount of boost should look into at least a stage 1 kit just for added insurance. You don't have to retune for it just have it help cool down your AITs and raise the octain rating of your fuel to prevent the detonation with these high comp motors.

06 gt - paxton novi 1200 supercharger, brenspeed tuned, BBK long tubes, SLP catback, 4.10s, o/r xpipe, Detroit Rocker Cams, electric cutouts, 501whp/417wtq

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjin'stang View Post
Geese man theres gotta be a way better than getting raped without lube like that...

That's the price we pay for health care

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #50 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
That's the price we pay for health care
Actually it's for health insurance. Big problem is the politicians spend the tax money stupidly and get us all into debt that will never be paid. The USA for instance is 18+ TRILLION dollars in debt. Canada is 614,564,082,556.43 in debt. As they say in the Game of Thrones - Winter is coming!

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
Actually it's for health insurance. Big problem is the politicians spend the tax money stupidly and get us all into debt that will never be paid. The USA for instance is 18+ TRILLION dollars in debt. Canada is 614,564,082,556.43 in debt. As they say in the Game of Thrones - Winter is coming!
Im debt free and money in the bank... Maybe politicians should learn from me? LOL

Apprentice

Do you think the same thing would have happened with the Edlebrock tune?

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
MACH I Member

Quote:
Im debt free and money in the bank... Maybe politicians should learn from me? LOL

Maybe. Although if you had to support a bunch of welfare cases you might not have any money left

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
PONY Member

Quote:
Maybe. Although if you had to support a bunch of welfare cases you might not have any money left
But i would have millions of little minion children do to my bidding muhahahaha!!

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenG View Post
Do you think the same thing would have happened with the Edlebrock tune?
I would vote yes seeing that the tunes from edelbrock, vortech, procharger etc. are SO conservative if they were blowing up on those tunes they would receive TONS of backlash for it and no one would buy their $6,000+ systems. But this is also why they dont make any power compared to what their capable of with a custom tune, or someone like lund getting into it. "Its all in the tune" -said everyone.

Rookie

I would talk to Brenspeed about this. This motor clearly detonated and you said yourself that you heard it knocking. It may be poor fuel or whatever, but I would discuss this with them. This motor didn't die from too much power. Detonation killed it.
GT Member

I think your tune screwed you I've been running 9-10 psi with a safe tune for almost 2 years now and car runs strong as ever . Just had Shaun with AED re-Tune my car and went from my 80 mm pulley to a 82mm and made more power on less boost than previous and car only sees 8.5 psi now and made 622 rwhp SAE on a Dynojet. Absolutely no reason your car should have blown up running the setup you had I'd be calling beenspeed asking for an explanation.

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
GT Member

Its a good idea to data log your car every so often when tuned or blown and send the logs to your tuner for review, if hes half way worth a damn he should look at logs for free shaun has reviewed 100's of logs from me . If you have positive knock its a good indicator that you had bad fuel and you should not beat on it until you get better fuel. You should never needed to gap your plugs bigger than .035 while being FI'ed

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
PONY Member

^^^

Apprentice

Quote:
I would vote yes seeing that the tunes from edelbrock, vortech, procharger etc. are SO conservative if they were blowing up on those tunes they would receive TONS of backlash for it and no one would buy their $6,000+ systems. But this is also why they dont make any power compared to what their capable of with a custom tune, or someone like lund getting into it. "Its all in the tune" -said everyone.

Confused, conservative tune, but still would have blown engine?!? Roush sells thousands of RS3s all with superchargers. I don't think they install forged parts. So I was wondering if this was a weak engine or as the old saying goes if you want reliability don't supercharge. Or was this a case of pushing too much boost.

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page