PONY Member

Blown coyote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
I do now! With 3.73's.
Word...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!

Last edited by tjin'stang; 03-19-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well the new motor is in. Now another problem. The tech at the dealership reflashed my PCM before I could return the tune to stock. I brought the tuner to him he tried returning to stock, it completed but when he turned the key to start the car he got a PCM error and the car would not start. He used his "scan" tool and reflashed the PCM to the latest Ford tune. The car runs great but the speed is way out "20% high" Can I just install the BAMA tune I have for this car with the stock CAI? I don't dare try to put the stock tune back.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
Well the new motor is in. Now another problem. The tech at the dealership reflashed my PCM before I could return the tune to stock. I brought the tuner to him he tried returning to stock, it completed but when he turned the key to start the car he got a PCM error and the car would not start. He used his "scan" tool and reflashed the PCM to the latest Ford tune. The car runs great but the speed is way out "20% high" Can I just install the BAMA tune I have for this car with the stock CAI? I don't dare try to put the stock tune back.
Perhaps contact BAMA to revise their tune for a 100% stock application just to rule out any possible issues so there is no issue in the metered air.

post #94 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjin'stang View Post
Perhaps contact BAMA to revise their tune for a 100% stock application just to rule out any possible issues so there is no issue in the metered air.

The tune I have IS the BAMA tune with the stock air box, which is what is in the car now. Previously I was running the Brenspeed e-force stage 1, but that was taken off and sold to pay for the new motor. The tech was trying to put the stock tune back which is automatically uploaded to the SCT tuner when you install an new tune in the car. Seems it might be corrupted (the stock tune that is).

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
PONY Member

Garage
Blown coyote?

Quote:

If they loaded the latest tune, your strategy code could have changed. You'll have to read the code with your SCT and have bama update the tune.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
Apprentice

what does "speed way out 20% high" mean? speed of what?

2011 GT auto, 40k miles, mild tune
"If the price of your advice is an insult, I guarantee you I won't be listening."
post #97 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

It means when I am driving at an actual speed of 100KM's per hour the speedo says 120 KM's per hour.

post #98 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
If they loaded the latest tune, your strategy code could have changed. You'll have to read the code with your SCT and have bama update the tune.
Got the strategy code, now if I can figure out how to order the free for life update on the AM site. The cart tries to bill me 14.95 for shipping (email? what shipping!). Doesn't let me enter a stategy code.

If I go to the Bama site it will not accept the AM order number - DOH!

PONY Member

Quote:
It means when I am driving at an actual speed of 100KM's per hour the speedo says 120 KM's per hour.
Easily fixed in the tune (which is locked from what i hear by BAMA, lol) damn it!

post #100 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Easily fixed in the tune (which is locked from what i hear by BAMA, lol) damn it!

Yeah, they lock it because of the warranty they offer. They are sending me a new tune ! yay!

PONY Member

Quote:
Yeah, they lock it because of the warranty they offer. They are sending me a new tune ! yay!
Wee!!
But, warranty for the motor going to go bye bye or..?

post #102 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Wee!!
But, warranty for the motor going to go bye bye or..?

Huh?

PONY Member

Brand new motor and you're already pissing the warranty away........
3.73's gears in an auto that have no advantage over the stock 3.15's............

Sounds like you like to do things against the grain.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
post #104 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Really! 3.73 has no advantage over 3.15's if you're interested in performance?

The tech, the service manager and the service writer all told me to go ahead, they all know about the problem and would support me if things went wrong. Besides the gears are already in. I am not going to spend another 1000.00 to purchase the stock gears and have them installed.

PONY Member

Quote:
Really! 3.73 has no advantage over 3.15's if you're interested in performance?
That would be correct. Some have gone the steeper gear route on these autos only to learn the hard way that since the transmissions already have steep gears that the 3.15's or 3.31's are the gear of choice. Anything more and it's just overkill. There's a reason the fastest N/A guys are running 3.15-3.31 gears. I've been 11.2 N/A on my stock 3.15's. Do a search and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Here are a few guys who responded with real world testing.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...w-4-10s-2.html

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page