Blown coyote? - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
Really! 3.73 has no advantage over 3.15's if you're interested in performance?

The tech, the service manager and the service writer all told me to go ahead, they all know about the problem and would support me if things went wrong. Besides the gears are already in. I am not going to spend another 1000.00 to purchase the stock gears and have them installed.
Was saying that if you use the BAMA tune you're not warranty covered right? But if they support you can you get it in writing that in the event of something going wrong they will honor it still?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 TJIN EDITION
Vortech, M6 & MGW, ALUMINATOR 598/495 on 7psi 91 pump. too much to list...

2012 Chevy Cruze TJIN EDITION
Custom intercooler,magnaflow exhaust, too much to list too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Better option warranty wise - Ford Racing Procal from AM, doesn't void warranty and allows better performance and gear ratio selection. 312.00 ordered just now.

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
PONY Member

Quote:
Better option warranty wise - Ford Racing Procal from AM, doesn't void warranty and allows better performance and gear ratio selection. 312.00 ordered just now.
There you go

Apprentice

Thumbs up

Guys,

In my case I have done business with BRENSPEED for like 7-years now.
No issues and some totally "Awesome" results from them.
Below is the latest Dyno Pull from Brent on mine.
Keep in mind this is a little ole B-302 Brenspeed built 3-valve back in 2011.
I think you will find the results interesting as I did.

817.45 RWHP, 689.20 TRQ, Race Tune, Race Gas, 50 Shot NOS
Saleen Spec/B302 Brenspeed built engine
FRPP Stage-3 heads
Comp Cams 127550 W/Comp Springs
Jesel Billet Roller Cam Followers
10.32 @ 135.56 MPH 2011 World Finals
Type the below line in YouTube for Video:
Apprentice

Guess it was above -35 that day when you dyno'd. I wouldnt recommend going back to a 3v tho. Get an upgraded block for a 4v and make 800 at the wheels.

In terms of tunes, I had 0 luck with Bama. They never could fix my '06 pinging and I tried everything. I decided not to trust it with my '11 but thats my o.

In terms of the procal, look that up too. Pinging reported in many places from people on forums. They stated it was a result of a lean condition at specific rpm/s. I dont remember where in the power band but do a search.

I decided to go with a tune from a reputable tuner with data logging. I will never supercharge or turbo this car. Period. To many grenade stories.

2011 GT auto, 40k miles, mild tune
"If the price of your advice is an insult, I guarantee you I won't be listening."
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_stang View Post
Guess it was above -35 that day when you dyno'd. I wouldnt recommend going back to a 3v tho. Get an upgraded block for a 4v and make 800 at the wheels.

In terms of tunes, I had 0 luck with Bama. They never could fix my '06 pinging and I tried everything. I decided not to trust it with my '11 but thats my o.

In terms of the procal, look that up too. Pinging reported in many places from people on forums. They stated it was a result of a lean condition at specific rpm/s. I dont remember where in the power band but do a search.

I decided to go with a tune from a reputable tuner with data logging. I will never supercharge or turbo this car. Period. To many grenade stories.
Its just so hard to get a reputable tune sometimes. Ive never heard of any grenades going off when using lund tuning though... But many others and custom ones, yes. Often. Even my car was one of them.

post #112 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The new motor is in and running great with the BAMA tune (Ford dealership service says they will not flag the car for a tune if anything goes wrong), so now my speedometer is accurate. I was looking at my invoice and noticed that they changed one of the O2 sensors, wonder if that's what caused the problems?

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
PONY Member

Quote:
The new motor is in and running great with the BAMA tune (Ford dealership service says they will not flag the car for a tune if anything goes wrong), so now my speedometer is accurate. I was looking at my invoice and noticed that they changed one of the O2 sensors, wonder if that's what caused the problems?
Theres always misreadings from a fowled out 02, but that many? My opinion is no, because i have been through many of them myself and the car never even ran funny, pinged, etc. while the bad one was in there. Of course i still replaced it within a day.

Apprentice

When I ran the procal tune I got detonation/pinging and mediocre results. Switched to bama tunes and never looked back. The V2 tunes are significantly improved as well. Got 25 mpg hwy for the first time ever on their new race tune. Understand you're in a complex situation though and warranty concerns are real.
post #115 of 148 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well, I got the Procal, doesn't work. I was on the 1 800 number with Ford Racing for about 1/2 hour and gave up. I took it to a dealer and they couldn't get it to complete the flash either, and as they were doing it no charge, they weren't interested in spending hours on the phone with the techs at Ford Racing. Wonder if I can get my money back from AM!

post #116 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I finally got the Procal to work. Ford Racing Performance sent me an updated Cal and it worked fine. I had it done at a Ford dealership so I keep my 3 year warranty. No pinging, tranny shifts better than the Bama tune, but not as spirited when I really get into it.

Meanwhile, I sold my Supercharger to a guy with a 2012 Mustang GT with a manual trans. I hope he has better luck than I did.

PONY Member

Quote:
I finally got the Procal to work. Ford Racing Performance sent me an updated Cal and it worked fine. I had it done at a Ford dealership so I keep my 3 year warranty. No pinging, tranny shifts better than the Bama tune, but not as spirited when I really get into it.

Meanwhile, I sold my Supercharger to a guy with a 2012 Mustang GT with a manual trans. I hope he has better luck than I did.

That stock life

PONY Member

Garage
I was going to read this whole thread and then suggest you go with the Procal or the TracKey, as I know you can set the rear-end with them, but I see that's what you did! Good luck running stock and I hope you don't have anymore issues! What a nightmare!!!

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
post #119 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I sold the e-force supercharger kit to a local person who has a 2012 Mustang GT standard trans. He had the install done by a licensed mechanic, got a tune from Brenspeed which included cat deletes. The motor lasted 1 week. Bleed down test shows damage to 7 out of 8 pistons. He says he was running the 91 octane tune and using 91 octane fuel. The mechanic believes the boost-a-pump failed, but Brenspeed says if the BAP fails the pump will not even run. What could possibly be doing this? That's 2 motors in 2 months on this kit.

PONY Member

Quote:
I sold the e-force supercharger kit to a local person who has a 2012 Mustang GT standard trans. He had the install done by a licensed mechanic, got a tune from Brenspeed which included cat deletes. The motor lasted 1 week. Bleed down test shows damage to 7 out of 8 pistons. He says he was running the 91 octane tune and using 91 octane fuel. The mechanic believes the boost-a-pump failed, but Brenspeed says if the BAP fails the pump will not even run. What could possibly be doing this? That's 2 motors in 2 months on this kit.

This is a cursed supercharger this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page