Ford Mustang Forum banner

Minimal Modification on a 2014 Mustang GT

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Sharad 
#1 ·
I bought my Mustang GT on October 2014 and so far I'ved always look forward to driving it. Im always looking at 11-14 mustang GT's and checking out different types of modifications. i think I'm happy with the 420hp that the coyote engine is producing and I'm not interested in the tuning department. I've talked to a lot of mustang aficionados locally and they have lots of suggestions. so far i installed a k&n blackhawk CAI, a barton short shifter and bracket, quarter panel louvers and the insanely loud heartthrob muffler deletes. the CAI has reduced the drone drastically and the short shifter is amazing but still i feel there is something missing. i looking to do a suspension modification, lowering it and the works plus a 20" with 275 all around. can you guys post a photo of your car and the mods you have made on your Mustangs.

PS. how do you upload photo on this site.

#2 ·
One of the 1st suspension mods I did was BMR LCA's and relocation brackets so I could put the power to the concrete. Eliminated my wheel hop and increased my traction. Use 1st hole down if not lowered. After 1.2" to 1.5" lowering I dropped it down 1 hole.

To upload photos this is how I do it. Scroll down to manage attachments. Browse to choose files from whatever source on your pc. Then you hit the upload button. Wait for them to upload. Then submit reply.

Attachments

#3 ·

Attachments

#4 ·
Use the
and it will post the picture. Example- hit quote on this post and you'll see how I put the picture in line with the text.

on your modding question...what's your budget and what are your goals? My perfect "street car" would have Bilstein dampers, Ford K springs, an adjustable panhard bar, poly LCA's and relo brackets, with 19x10 wheels running 275/40/19 on all four corners.

#5 ·
got you on the image posting, and regarding my modification, i don't want to look like a racer but i want something simple, 20" maybe 275 all around 1" drop, remove the wheel hop and I'm happy. around 3500 budget. I'm not in a rush to do it, so its gonna be stages.

#6 ·
on the same question, dropping the car 1" and thinking about putting a 20" with 275 on all fours would i have clearance issues?

#9 ·
Watch "2013 mustang gt painted engine bay part 2" on YouTube
2013 mustang gt painted engine bay part 2: http://youtu.be/lUUC31vLKOc

Watch "2013 mustang 5.0 walk around with suspension drop and exterior mods" on YouTube
2013 mustang 5.0 walk around with suspension drop and exterior mods: http://youtu.be/J_2Eo7UUCzo

If the links appear blank jump on YouTube and search dak40833 click on my channel and you can see all the mods ive done.

#11 ·
love the set up thanks

#10 ·
Here is mine. Ive got all sorts of suspension goodies. ground control coilovers, whitline watts link, upper control arm and mount, lower control arm and relocation brackets, front and rear sway bars, 20X10 and 20X9 BMC black mamba wheels and nitto invo tires 295's and 255's. Mac prochamber mid pipe and axle back. MGW shifter, whiteline trans mount insert not installed yet, a few billit interior trim pieces, roush upper and lower grill not shown in the picture but they are on the car now. and the most recent mod is the Kenwood navigation system. and I just bought a set of replacement Shelby leather seat covers to replace my cloth.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.