Ford Mustang Forum banner

Bama V2 race tune auto trans shift firmness

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AMWill 
#1 ·
Just uploaded the V2 Race tune and noticed a huge difference in shift firmness feels like your being kicked in the rear end when it down shifts. Just wondering if this was normal or if it will damage anything thanks

#5 ·
The firmness doesn't bother me I just don't want it to mess up the tranny or something

#6 ·
Hey Dillon!

Great question, these new tunes really put down some power don't they?

In regards to the shift firmness, that is completely normal for the Race tune! Designed for Race use, Bama's Race tune delivers maximum horsepower and torque with aggressive transmission settings and a sensitive throttle response. Although many do, it is not recommended to be used for every day driving. It will not hurt your Stang' what-so-ever, but the performance tune is catered more towards daily driving as they dial down the sensitivity and aggressiveness.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

P.S- If you ever wanted to make any adjustments to your tune, feel free to reach out to myself or the Bama team!
They are available Monday- Saturday and are always willing to help! They can be reached at 1888-226-9764.

-Will

#7 ·
Just uploaded the V2 Race tune and noticed a huge difference in shift firmness feels like your being kicked in the rear end when it down shifts. Just wondering if this was normal or if it will damage anything thanks
Hey Dillon!

Great question, these new tunes really put down some power don't they?

In regards to the shift firmness, that is completely normal for the Race tune! Designed for Race use, Bama's Race tune delivers maximum horsepower and torque with aggressive transmission settings and a sensitive throttle response. Although many do, it is not recommended to be used for every day driving. It will not hurt your Stang' what-so-ever, but the performance tune is catered more towards daily driving as they dial down the sensitivity and aggressiveness.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

P.S- If you ever wanted to make any adjustments to your tune, feel free to reach out to myself or the Bama team!
They are available Monday- Saturday and are always willing to help! They can be reached at 1888-226-9764.

-Will
Thank you! And yes it's much more aggressive as I was using the race tune before as well before the V2 its a huge improvement performance wise.

#8 ·
Thank you! And yes it's much more aggressive as I was using the race tune before as well before the V2 its a huge improvement performance wise.
That's what I love to hear Dillon!

The V2 tunes are absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get them on my personal 2014 GT.

My baby has been sitting under a cover for months, I'm getting sick of the snow!

I'm glad you are loving the tune and if you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

-Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.