Mustang GT 2013 - Viking double adjustable settings and Tremec concerns - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I'm wondering why you feel a power loss in 3rd and fourth. Could it be it's just different gearing/gear ratios?

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Have you data logged at the track yet? It's possible that the ecu is pulling timing in 3rd and 4th. The more load there is on an engine the more likely it is to knock. So it could be real world conditions that induce knock at the track. First and second gears don't load the engine nearly as much as 3rd and 4th.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up Sorry for the late replay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
I'm wondering why you feel a power loss in 3rd and fourth. Could it be it's just different gearing/gear ratios?
When we calculated it, it was equal to 3.73 with the MT82. I had a doubt it was the tune and I was correct. When I went with AED drag tune everything changed. the car is more aggresive and you can feel the power on all gears. went 11.8 on a hot humid day and I am sure I would have had better numbers in a good day. 11.8 is a great number knowing I have stock Exhaust, IM and stock CAI. Can't wait to put the Headers, CJ IM and CAI and see what the numbers would get at the track

and sorry for the late replay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu13gt View Post
Have you data logged at the track yet? It's possible that the ecu is pulling timing in 3rd and 4th. The more load there is on an engine the more likely it is to knock. So it could be real world conditions that induce knock at the track. First and second gears don't load the engine nearly as much as 3rd and 4th.
No I didnt to be honest, I was so frustrated with the numbers I didn't do anything and was so angry. but thank God I went with AED and now i am very pleased with the Numbers. Can't wait for the next Mods. My target is to get low 11s if not 11 flat ^^, it's hard but it's doable but we will see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.8.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	437689  

Mustang 2013 GT - 11.832 @ 114.77 MPH
Mods: Tune, GT500 Mufflers, Hoosier Full Slick Tires, Weld Racing Wheels, BMR Lower control arms, Tremec T56 Magnum XL, Mcloed RXT Clutch with flywheel, Dynotech Engineering Aluminum drive shaft, Ford racing 4.56 rear end gears, Moser 31-Spline axles and True-track Eaton differentials. Cobra Jet intake Manifold, Ford Racing Monoblade TB, RevAuto CAI, SW Long tube headers with O/R X pipe. "Coming Soon" : Comp Cam Stage 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page