Adding high flow catalytic converter to long tube headers and off road H-Pipe? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Adding high flow catalytic converter to long tube headers and off road H-Pipe?

I recently purchased JBA SS Long tube headers and JBA Off Road H-Pipe for my 2014 GT/CS. I was wondering if I can add a High Flow Metallic Catalytic Converter Kit in case the off road sound is too loud for my area or for emission test purposes. I've been searching around and i dont think JBA makes a High Flow Metallic Catalytic Converter Kit. Ive seen SLP and Pypes with one and they advertise it can be attached to an Off Road set-up. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015
Apprentice

Probably would have made sense to check into that before buying your headers...

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015
GT Member

they car physically be welded into an o/r x/h. Its that they are meant for. BUT just because you have a CAT doesnt mean you will pass emissions. They can fail you (depending who it is and where you are) just by looking under your car without even doing tests do to aftermarket cats and longtubes. that doesnt mean they will but they could..

if i were you i would just buy a new catted x or h pipe.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalsoccer23 View Post
I recently purchased JBA SS Long tube headers and JBA Off Road H-Pipe for my 2014 GT/CS. I was wondering if I can add a High Flow Metallic Catalytic Converter Kit in case the off road sound is too loud for my area or for emission test purposes. I've been searching around and i dont think JBA makes a High Flow Metallic Catalytic Converter Kit. Ive seen SLP and Pypes with one and they advertise it can be attached to an Off Road set-up. Any suggestions?

Hey Arsenal,

First of all, I see you're an Arsenal fan (duh). Small world! I've been following Arteta since the Barcelona days!

In regards to your exhaust, if you are worried about emissions, personally I would go straight to a JBA Catted X Pipe to be safe. You can weld in an aftermarket cat, but in my opinion, it would be a waste of time unless your Longtubes are already installed.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page