Koni shocks and struts warranty question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Koni shocks and struts warranty question

I believe the struts on my 2012 mustang gt are shot. When I had them out a few months ago I noticed that the shaft doesn't shoot out all the way after I compress it. It would come out maybe 4 inches and stop. I didn't see any leaks or visible damage to the shaft or the body. Also lately I've noticed that when coming off of my driveway, without being EXTREMELY slow and careful, the front o end will bottom out. The shocks and struts I have on are the red, non adjustable, ones. I looked on koni website and in order to warranty them, they want receipt of purchase, car registration, and some other paper work, and sadly I'm not the original owner. So am I pretty much screwed? Or is there a work around?
OR could the fault be somewhere else other than the struts?
I also have the frpp blue lowering springs, I'm not sure if this matters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015
Apprentice

I had one of my STR T's leak on me. I had to fill out a form and fax it in with a copy of the receipt. I prepaid for a replacement while my shock was still on the car. I paid for shipping the bad one back and a few weeks later the refunded the shock charge. I would call Koni customer service to see what the say. I got my Koni's from Autoanything.com... Great prices & free shipping.

2012 GT/CS Auto, Roush TVS SC, GT500 Axel Backs, Koni STR.T, FRPP P Springs, GT500 mounts, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relo brackets, BMR adj upper control arm & Mount, M-2300-T GT500 Brake Kit
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkolektor View Post
I believe the struts on my 2012 mustang gt are shot. When I had them out a few months ago I noticed that the shaft doesn't shoot out all the way after I compress it. It would come out maybe 4 inches and stop. I didn't see any leaks or visible damage to the shaft or the body. Also lately I've noticed that when coming off of my driveway, without being EXTREMELY slow and careful, the front o end will bottom out. The shocks and struts I have on are the red, non adjustable, ones. I looked on koni website and in order to warranty them, they want receipt of purchase, car registration, and some other paper work, and sadly I'm not the original owner. So am I pretty much screwed? Or is there a work around?
OR could the fault be somewhere else other than the struts?
I also have the frpp blue lowering springs, I'm not sure if this matters
Hey Soul,

Sorry to hear about your trouble, that's never good!

I have had a great experience dealing with the guys over at Koni so I would recommend shooting them a call and seeing what they think! I'm sure they will take care of you.

If for any reason, you are looking to replace your setup, let me know and I can hook you up with a killer deal.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

-Will

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'm pretty sure I know what they gonna say since I'm not the original owner of the shocks. They came installed on the car from the previous user
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Thanks Will, I have been eyeing some of the set ups you guys have. I will definitely hit you up if I decide on a replacement
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Will, I have been eyeing some of the set ups you guys have. I will definitely hit you up if I decide on a replacement
No problem Soul,

If you ever had any questions or needed any help, feel free to reach out.

What are your next plans for your Coyote?

-Will

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'm currently keeping an eye on a set of 2013 gt500 style rims and tires on your site, just waiting for the tpms kit to be back in stock before I purchase.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I'm currently keeping an eye on a set of 2013 gt500 style rims and tires on your site, just waiting for the tpms kit to be back in stock before I purchase.
I love those wheels Soul!

I'm also anxiously awaiting the TPMS Kit to come back in stock myself but luckily it should only be a little while longer.

What color/size where you going with?

-Will

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'm gonna go with the black 19 inch staggered wheels with the Mickey Thompson tires. After that I'm gonna start planning a 2014 gt500 cluster retrofit
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I'm gonna go with the black 19 inch staggered wheels with the Mickey Thompson tires. After that I'm gonna start planning a 2014 gt500 cluster retrofit
Awesome choice! The Mickey's are a great tire and you can't beat the price! I run their 305/35/20 out back of my 2014 and love them!

If you need anything at all, let me know!

-Will

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page