Lift Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Lift Question

Quick question for ya'll in regarding to jacking up the car.

The first time I used a lift on base to install my axlebacks I noticed I couldn't use the four point lift in the front as the front pads hit the rocker panel before they touch the pinch weld lift points. Unfortunately the base didn't have any adapters to convert the front pads to pinch weld lifts. I opted to lift the car using the front cross members and rear pinch welds (no conflict with rocker panels). I've now read that jacking up the car on the cross members can cause uni-body damage. Do you think any damage was done the one time I did this? Future lifts for oil changes and other work I used the drive on lift. Unfortunately I'm not home right now, nor while I be for a while to inspect the car.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015
Apprentice

Use the frame rails.

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015
Apprentice

Garage
Who knows if there is damage, would have to look at it. I use the frame rails for a low profile jack then jack stands with inserts on the pinch welds.

2012 Mustang GT Brembo package w/3.55 rear end
+Shifter/Bracket from American Muscle
+Corbeau CR1 seats
+Carbotech 1521 (Street) / XP20 (Race) Motul RBF600
+Koni Adj yellow F/R, Sam Strano Adj Sway F/R, SR Lowering springs 1.5", Maximum Motorsport Adj Panhard, GT500 strut mounts
+X Pipe , GT500 Mufflers , BAMA Tune

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

From what I read (after the fact) it was not recommended to use the cross member because of point loading and damage to the uni-body. I think solely jacking the car on the cross member would cause damage, hopefully one time with a 4 point lift (load point minimized) didn't do anything. Any recommendations on a pinch weld adapter to use on 4 point pad lifts?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page