Ford Mustang Forum banner

18" Wheels that will clear big brake kits...

9K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  gManTexas 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Looking to upgrade my wheels! I'd like a staggerd set-up, but I also want them to be 18" and clear big brake kits like the 15" Brembos. The only wheels that I have found are the 18" BBS Boss 302S wheel. I figure that if you want an 18" wheel that will clear a set of Brembos, you might be paying a pretty penny for them, but those FR BBS 302S wheels are pretty expensive.

Just curious if anyone else knows more than what I've researched.

#3 ·
#5 ·
if you go with the 14" brembos instead of 15", you will have a lot more options in 18" wheels that will clear

#6 ·
The vorschlag rims would be the cream of the crop if you can afford them. Otherwise SVE drift 18x10's for 150 each will fit brembo brakes.

#7 ·
are you talking about the older 14" 4-piston brembos, or the newer 15" 6-piston brembos?

#8 ·
The CF5 fits the 15's. F14's fit 14's. Don't know about drifts- I know they fit 14's at least.

Yeah 18x10 up front is easy. 18x11 up front takes a little creativity

#11 ·
That's nice. Big front tires, Bilsteins, low springs. I bet your car is fun....bring it out to ECR or a DFW autocross sometime. Are you on DFW5.0's? There's a group of us on there who coordinate our track and autocross excursions.

#13 ·
Gonna jump in here. I know the conventional wisdom is that NO bullitt wheels will clear Brembos or other big brakes, but surely someone has done it. I'm looking for info on wheel offset, backspacing and use of spacers to make it happen. Also, I'm kinda partial to the Wilwood Superlite 6R with the 13.06" rotors, since I figure these will have the best chance of clearing.

Has anyone pulled this off?

TIA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.