"Launch Control" - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

"Launch Control"

Did a search & found a few things on this. I have been seeing people program their SCT using the rev limit in neutral as a launch control. Is anyone here succesfully doing this? Does it have any negative effects on the car? Thanks

2013 GT premium, Deep impact blue, Recaros, Manual, 3.73, Gt500 mufflers, Barton shifter, Steeda 91 tune, Pilot Sport A/S 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
I believe the manual has a clutch switch for cruise control operation. I would think they this would be the best way to set a launch control of that is accessable in the tuners.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015
PONY Member

I have a custom tune and one of the things I can do is set the rpm to where I want to launch (ie rev limiter)- I like it because with a shift light also I never have to look down at anything just concertrate on the lights - as for causing a problem - I have had none and depending on track conditions I launch anywhere from 3800 to 5000 rpms

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015
MACH I Member

I never did get this whole "launch control" thing. With a manual transmission isn't your left foot the launch control?

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Well with a manual N/A I don't see a lot of reason for a launch control. But for a car running boost you can use launch control to build boost at the line. What I would like to see more than launch control is a no lift to shift feature. Same concept. Would work off the clutch switch. Basically you would have a preset secondary limiter that activates whenever you press the clutch. This would cut the engine to a pre determined rpm when you shift without lifting off the gas. If set properly for your shifting points it makes a smoother up shift that is less likely to damage your drivetrain from hard shifts since the engine won't make power again until your off the clutch. (If boosted you will also maintain boost between shifts)
This also teaches a person to get their foot off the clutch when cruising because if you rest your foot on the clutch you will inadvertently activate the secondary limitrr while driving and make yourself look like an ass because your car will start bucking.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015
MACH I Member

Oh right. Didn't think of the boosted cars. And the no lift idea is an interesting one. I'm pretty sure that was a feature on the Cobalt SS cars of years past.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page