2013 and 400HP @ axle? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2013 and 400HP @ axle?

Is it possible to hit 400HP at the rear wheels with my 2013 GT with a Cold air intake a mail order tune (Bama, stedda etc..) and axle backs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015
GT Member
5.0L Member

If you dont hit 400 you'll be super close.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
Is it possible to hit 400HP at the rear wheels with my 2013 GT with a Cold air intake a mail order tune (Bama, stedda etc..) and axle backs?
Is your car manual or automatic? Manuals will make more at the wheels.

If you have a dyno near you, take it there and get a baseline, then do your mods and take it back.

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015
GT Member

I think it will come down to a few variables.

1. How much horsepower did your car have compared to others. i.e. It seems like some 5.0 engines with 418 h.p. ratings outperform others for reasons I can't explain yet.
2. I believe you would need to use a dynojet type of dynometer that provides higher readings instead of the mustang brand dynometer with lower readings. I don't have my exact sheets in front of me but 374 hp output reading for my car IIRC on a 91 V2 race tune by Bama a few weeks ago and IIRC 383 hp last year on a 91 or 93 V1 race tune by Bama. Both on mustang dynos. I believe with data logging I could be near or at 400 hp. Keep in mind I already have Kooks midlength headers with the cats, Borla overaxles this year, and gt500 axlebacks. The axle backs don't help much with h.p.
3. The gas you have in your car.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

It's a MT
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post

Good question and depending on the fuel quality, dyno type, mileage on the car etc it's definitely possible; Rather than show you a car on our dyno check out some 3rd party runs below..

400/382 Tune/CAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9I0zlmqOAY

405/393 O/R X and Tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4FW_T5Rao

413/407 (Cai, X-Pipe, Axle-Back)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgxnE7EI47g

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Great info and thanks and great vids Alex thanks for posting.. Makes me want to run out and buy an X-Pipe but all in good time.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015
GT Member

Alex am I correct to assume those are Dynojet dynos and not mustang dynos?

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015
GT Member

The dragstrip dyno says my car is making 440 horses at the crank on a tune alone....and a mild tune for 91 fuel. So, in theory, not 400 wheel but, enough for an 11 sec 1/4 on a fully loaded car.

Dynos may tell you one thing but the real world may tell you a lot different. Can you get a dyno to tell you that you have 400 wheel on a tune and axlebacks? Sure. Test it out at the track and prove it. You might find that more difficult.

I've smoked many of the "400+ wheel" tune 5.0s at the strip...on ET and mph so caveat emptor if you're just trying to hit a number on the rollers, you might not be getting what you are paying for.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Apprentice

Should be no problem. I made 408rwhp with CAI, SW catback, and AED Tune.

Mike

2013 Mustang GT, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack...AED Tune, Airaid CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrcr View Post
Should be no problem. I made 408rwhp with CAI, SW catback, and AED Tune.

Mike
On what kind of dyno? I assume that was not a mustang brand dyno but a dynojet. Please clarify.

Apprentice

^^^^
DynoJet.
However, keep in mind, a Mustang Dyno, can be programmed to produce comparable #'s. It all depends on how the operator sets up the machine.

Mike

2013 Mustang GT, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack...AED Tune, Airaid CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Going to be tough will a mail-tune but you'll be close. Add a Boss/Cobra Jet intake manifold and/or LTs and you'll be well over.

2007 Black GT Premium
JLT Series 3 CAI | Brenspeed 91 | FRPP 4.10 | Bassani Catted X-Pipe | Bassani Axle Backs | Steeda UDP | Saleen N2 Suspension | Steeda LCA | 18" 2010 GT500 Replicas | Front:Nitto Invos Rear:Nitto NT05s | Xenon Front Bumper and Rear Lip | Matte Black Emblems | Smoked Lights

2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca - Black
19" Forgestar F14 Wheels | Michelin PSS | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | Boss 302S Oil Separator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page