Eibach Pro-System Plus Review - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Eibach Pro-System Plus Review

This past year like many I realized I wanted to kick it up a notch with my Mustangs handling. After purchasing a set of Bridgestone S-04 Pole positions I knew the next step to reach suspension nirvana would be to get new springs and shocks and struts. Now I could've gone with fully adjustable coil-overs but since I only hit the track 2-3 times a year I decided to take a chance and pass. From the get go I knew American Muscle was the place to order from, they deliver on time as promised and had a great deal at the time which I'll get to shortly. Next after looking at the brands, key word looking not researching my major mistake, I knew I wanted to go with a well known brand like Eibach, they've been around for years and are better known for their high-quality springs also AM had a great sale on Eibach'sc Pro-System Plus kit for $900 which included adjustable front sway bar, rear non-adjustable sway bar, front struts, rear shocks and springs all the way around. This past January I ordered the kit with a set of Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates because the kit would lower the car 1-1.5 inches and I wanted to be on the safe side for an alignment. As previously stated AM delivered on time or should I say Eibach delivered on time (the kit came straight from Eibach) and the visual inspection of the parts came out good, everything was in order and checked out. I waited a month to do the install due to work so I eye-balled each part frequently and carefully, when it came time to do the install, with a set of jack stands and online instructions, install took 4-5 hours (front sway bar was the only pain). First drive with kit installed not aligned was amazing, practically no body roll, I could hit corners with greater confidence, tires were gripping the road and power was going to the pavement, after an alignment things only got better, MM cast/cam plates were high quality, the guys at the alignment shop loved them. Now this kit will drop your mustang 1-1.5 in, which gives it a great looking stance but from what I experienced it did shift the rear noticeably over so I do recommend picking up an adjustable panhard bar, I recommend BMR (worth every penny). Now this is where my review goes bad for the Eibach Pro-System Plus specifically the shocks and struts. It is currently May, install was back in February, so 2-3 months have passed with this kit and already the shocks/struts are shot, ride quality has gone down tremendously, I feel everything on the road, and car sits slightly lower one side. After doing research, which I shouldve done to begin with, I learned that Eibach's Struts/shocks aren't exactly top notch, they've built an empire on springs, have great sway bars but the shocks/struts they make don't stack up. Now I'm not sure if this applies to their coil-over lineup but do you're research before hand. I'm currently in the works of purchasing new shocks/struts from Koni as I do not wish to even try to warranty another set from Eibach. I'll say it again I love Eibach's springs and I love their sway bars but I warn anyone looking to get their shocks/struts. My advice and what seems to be trending is if you're in the market to upgrade your suspension don't buy a all-in-one kit like I did, there is not a brand that puts out nothing but high quality products, each brand has their own award winning product but that doesn't mean everything they make is great. Do you're research, read reviews and put together you're own kit, trust me. Thanks for reading and I apologize for any mis-types and I'm open to any questions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015
Apprentice

Garage
HammerHead11
Im sorry to hear that the Eibach's Struts/shocks are not working out the way you planned they were. I was looking at them once upon a time but decided to go the individual route of buying everything separately. I Just have Eibach sportline springs on stock suspension parts dropping the front 1.3" and the rear 2". I dont know if my ride quality got worse after a few months but it did settle down to where I feel everything but I like it because it gives me more feed back from the road. Mine does slant to the driver side but its because im 6'3" amd 220 lbs so it compresses the springs pretty hard when I drive in it. I get my gf in which she is only around 100 lbs and even that will even out the springs after a good ride.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead11 View Post
.....so 2-3 months have passed with this kit and already the shocks/struts are shot, ride quality has gone down tremendously, I feel everything on the road, and car sits slightly lower one side.
I highly, highly doubt the struts and shocks are "shot" in 3 months.

There are a lot of possible reasons why your "ride quality has gone down tremendously", including it just being your imagination. Things like tire wear, changing tires, tire inflation and other mods done since the kit was installed, can also actually change the ride quality.

And another real possibility is that the shocks and struts settled in after a few months. I know this happened with my Koni Sport Yellows, without a doubt. The damping of them is very different today than it was when I first installed them, and that's also quite normal.

And the car sitting lower on the driver's side is completely normal.

Can you share more factual observations as to why you think your struts and shocks are "shot"? And do you have any links where other people had issues with their Eibach struts and shocks?

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Other than ride quality going down the struts were leaking fluid, took them off to examine the problem, seals were done. Also it doesn't lean towards the driver side, and rarely does anyone ride passenger with me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015
Site Sponsor

Quote:
This past year like many I realized I wanted to kick it up a notch with my Mustangs handling. After purchasing a set of Bridgestone S-04 Pole positions I knew the next step to reach suspension nirvana would be to get new springs and shocks and struts. Now I could've gone with fully adjustable coil-overs but since I only hit the track 2-3 times a year I decided to take a chance and pass. From the get go I knew American Muscle was the place to order from, they deliver on time as promised and had a great deal at the time which I'll get to shortly. Next after looking at the brands, key word looking not researching my major mistake, I knew I wanted to go with a well known brand like Eibach, they've been around for years and are better known for their high-quality springs also AM had a great sale on Eibach'sc Pro-System Plus kit for $900 which included adjustable front sway bar, rear non-adjustable sway bar, front struts, rear shocks and springs all the way around. This past January I ordered the kit with a set of Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates because the kit would lower the car 1-1.5 inches and I wanted to be on the safe side for an alignment. As previously stated AM delivered on time or should I say Eibach delivered on time (the kit came straight from Eibach) and the visual inspection of the parts came out good, everything was in order and checked out. I waited a month to do the install due to work so I eye-balled each part frequently and carefully, when it came time to do the install, with a set of jack stands and online instructions, install took 4-5 hours (front sway bar was the only pain). First drive with kit installed not aligned was amazing, practically no body roll, I could hit corners with greater confidence, tires were gripping the road and power was going to the pavement, after an alignment things only got better, MM cast/cam plates were high quality, the guys at the alignment shop loved them. Now this kit will drop your mustang 1-1.5 in, which gives it a great looking stance but from what I experienced it did shift the rear noticeably over so I do recommend picking up an adjustable panhard bar, I recommend BMR (worth every penny). Now this is where my review goes bad for the Eibach Pro-System Plus specifically the shocks and struts. It is currently May, install was back in February, so 2-3 months have passed with this kit and already the shocks/struts are shot, ride quality has gone down tremendously, I feel everything on the road, and car sits slightly lower one side. After doing research, which I shouldve done to begin with, I learned that Eibach's Struts/shocks aren't exactly top notch, they've built an empire on springs, have great sway bars but the shocks/struts they make don't stack up. Now I'm not sure if this applies to their coil-over lineup but do you're research before hand. I'm currently in the works of purchasing new shocks/struts from Koni as I do not wish to even try to warranty another set from Eibach. I'll say it again I love Eibach's springs and I love their sway bars but I warn anyone looking to get their shocks/struts. My advice and what seems to be trending is if you're in the market to upgrade your suspension don't buy a all-in-one kit like I did, there is not a brand that puts out nothing but high quality products, each brand has their own award winning product but that doesn't mean everything they make is great. Do you're research, read reviews and put together you're own kit, trust me. Thanks for reading and I apologize for any mis-types and I'm open to any questions.
Hey Hammerhead,

Sorry to hear about what's going on here! I hate to see this happen and even though we did everything we could to keep you happy, I would like to apologize!

Have you reached out to Eibach about this? I know they have a great customer service team and have always been willing to help!

Let me know if I can help in any way, I'm just a PM away!

-Will

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Firstly:

Secondly:

It always rode like crap, that kit has the worst springs in the business.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015
Apprentice

I've always found Eibach springs to ride a bit firmer than others for the same applications. I don't know if they still do but they used to have Sachs make a lot of shocks for them. And Sachs makes a good shock. They are OE on a lot of German cars. If they are leaking obviously they have failed. I would see about a warranty but if you don't have luck Koni and Bilstein make excellent shocks to match with sport springs. But again they are valved firmer than an OE shock to control the higher spring rate which results in a firmer ride. Can't really have your cake and eat it too as far as going low and having a good OE-like ride at the same time. About the only exception is something like an Air Lift performance setup. Those are pretty amazing but big bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page