K springs vs P springs handling characteristics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

K springs vs P springs handling characteristics

Overall when paired with FR adjustable struts and shocks which would handle better K springs of P Springs? Or would they handle near equally? Can't find anything on it, thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015
GT Member

Pretty much the same IMO. I don't have data to back it up but just go with the K springs unless you don't want the extra .5" lower. I couldn't find the rates on the P springs but copied the K springs info below and also a brief thread I saw on SVTperformance

Which spring FRPP "K" or "P" spring

K-springs
Spring Rate: Front: 228 lb/in.
Rear: 199.5 lb/in. Usage: Street
Year: 2005-2014 Model: GT Coupes
Progressive or Standard: Progressive Estimated Drop: 1.5"F / 1.5" R

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015
Rookie

i recently had the P spring installed with the koni strts. i too looked everywhere for info on both the p and k. from what i gathered is they are about the same (?). I didnt want big drop, just to close the gaps a little and get rid of the nose dive/lift. The p springs went just about a perfect inch. ride and handling is muuuuuch better than the stock set up. Definitely stiffer but not jarringly. No more boat on a wavy pond feel when going over bumps and humps . im going to guess that between both, it will depend on how low ya want to drop. 1/2 inch makes a difference especially if ya have a steep drive way like me. If you keep searching youll see a lot of people think they are made by eibach but i dont know.

2013 Mustang Gt Premium Red candy metallic, Comfort pkg. Securty Pkg.
-Magnaflow competition catback
-Koni Str.t shocks/strut, Frpp p springs/bump stops, BMR adj. panhard bar, BMR lca's, BMR lca relocation brackets, ST suspension camber bolts
-Airaid MIT
-MGW Race Spec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page