Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooticusMaximus View Post
For my 12 I got the Airaid intake tube. Pretty cheap, cleans up the intake assembly, doesn't really add much more noise but there is a slight difference. Put an Accufab TB, the intake tube, and axle backs on before I got a tune. Gave that info to Steeda and when I uploaded the tune today, night and day HUGE world of difference. It's all in the tune. Thanks Steeda
Back in the day I really liked hearing the air being sucked on my 350 Chevy with mechanical carb and 12" diameter air cleaner sitting right on top of it with a quadrajet carb and my own mods to that.
I have ideas about true cold air mods that you might not believe.

Black means black. If there is any chrome involved, it's not black anymore. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

ok I might get kicked off the thread for asking this, but I could not find anything in the search tool that could come close unless I did a horrible job so I apologize. But who has heard of keeping the original Air box and attaching the Steeda intake tube to the box for cleaner look basically. I was offered one for 50.00 dollars and im not sure if it will mess with any thing in the ECU given the fact ill have the stock air box and MASS air flow sensor intact.

thanks and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti1andrezz View Post
. . . who has heard of keeping the original Air box and attaching the Steeda intake tube to the box for cleaner look basically. . . . .
I don't think it will fit, because the diameter is different -- pretty sure the Steeda tube is bigger than the tube coming out of the stock airbox. You would need some kind of adapter?

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti1andrezz View Post
ok I might get kicked off the thread for asking this, but I could not find anything in the search tool that could come close unless I did a horrible job so I apologize. But who has heard of keeping the original Air box and attaching the Steeda intake tube to the box for cleaner look basically. I was offered one for 50.00 dollars and im not sure if it will mess with any thing in the ECU given the fact ill have the stock air box and MASS air flow sensor intact.

thanks and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
check the Airaid Modular Intake Tube if all you want is a cleaner look. It is a lot more than $50 though.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Apprentice

Thank you both the steeda brand new is 75 i called them up. Well ill give it more research thanks.
GT Member

i just put the steeda CAI (tune required) on. I solved the water/ vent issue. i just plugged the actual vents (just the driver side 1st 2 holes. Blocks all the water 100%. The intake made the throttle responce alot better.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Rookie

Garage

I have a 13 GT premium. I bought my Airaid CAI used. As soon as I put it on I notice an excellent throttle response , with out a tune. I Also wanted to try the Airaid modular intake tube with a K&N filter and the stock box to compare. Needless to say, the CAI outperformed (car response) the modular tube and the stock box. so I decided to stick with the CAI and sold the modular tube. Now after I added the mufflers eliminators and a tune, the difference was like night and day. I will never go back to a stock box. Whether it might be just my butt dyno or not, I felt the difference. I say try it and see for yourself.
Bill'sFive.0 likes this.

V/R,
LSCS(SW/AW), USN.
"I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."

Last edited by knight721; 12-19-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: grammar
GT Member
S197 Member

I may catch heat for this since some guys SWEAR by cold ait intakes on here.. But from what I'm aware, Cold air intakes on the 5.0 are pointless. Just get a tune if you don't already have one, Then work your way to the exhaust
PONY Member

Garage
Aem cai

My AEM CAI has been a performer in my 14 GT/CS. It has a closed air box, filter meter, and utilizes the factory cold air snorkel from the grill. As soon as I installed it, I gained 1.5 miles per gallon. I then added an X-Pipe and Corsa Sport axle-back and gained another 2 miles per gallon. When I drove the Mustang off the lot, for the first year I averaged 19.3 miles per gallon combined city/highway. After my mods., I now consistently average 22.5 mpg. My fill-ups used to read 292 miles, they now average 331 miles. Personally, I'm sold on these mods. If done right, they can be a big benefit and show some solid gains. Also, the AEM has a closed air box like the factory so water from the hood vents doesn't pour into the airbox. Additionally, I noticed improved throttle response and improved sound. Just my humble opinion.

JediDave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3628.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	514.8 KB
ID:	486321  
crjackson2134 likes this.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page