P1450 code - Replace Fuel Tank Pressure sensor? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

P1450 code - Replace Fuel Tank Pressure sensor?

Hi fellows,

So I got a P1450 engine light code about a month ago ("unable to bleed up fuel tank vaccum") in my 2012 GT. I read a bit online but didn't find anything conclusive, so I tried cleaning the code but it came up again after 2 weeks.

I took the card to the dealer, and they condemned the FTP sensor:

"EEC Test P1450: Test system fuel tank pressure sensor is stuck at 1.9V, should be at 2.6. Test wiring passed, requires new sensor and tube assy. Sensor has been undercoated likely the causing fault."

Ok, indeed my car got undercoated, but I wouldn't expect this to make a sensor to fail. In any case, the part number required was "DR3Z-9E325-A" which costs $140, and they said 1.5 hours of label is required.

Looking online, I found out that this part is actually just a fuel hose (does this even come with the sensor they mentioned it needs to be replaced?), and someone said it can be swapped very easily:
If you can't fill up becuase the gas pump handle keeps clicking... - Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Anyone has a similar issue? Is there any way I can test to make sure it is indeed the sensor and fix this at home? It looks like it's too simple of a problem to pay $400 at the dealer...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I guess no one ever had that issue

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015
Apprentice

I had this code, and i cleared it awhile ago, and now i keep getting P0451, and it keeps coming back i cant get rid of it.. is it the ftp sensor? evap sensor? i am going crazy over this check engine light for what im sure is just a sensor. I cant even find any info on where it would be located

2011 V6 - Sterling Gray Metallic - Pony Package - 3.31 gears
Pypes Cat Back - MGW Shifter - SCT Livewire TS

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015
Apprentice

Bump.. Can no one help with this? It would make for a very expensive dealership visit

2011 V6 - Sterling Gray Metallic - Pony Package - 3.31 gears
Pypes Cat Back - MGW Shifter - SCT Livewire TS
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015
Rookie

I had the P0451 early last winter, and i read a bit about it online and it points to the fuel tank pressure sensor which I dont know where it is on these 10-14 models. I ran a fuel injector cleaner when the tank was below 1/4. Ran that till it showed 10km to E on the message center. Turned it off and pumped gas and by the time that tank of gas was near half way, the light randomly went off.

--------------------------------
2011 Mustang V6 3.7L (Red Candy Apple) , glass roof, Air Raid CAI, Running Amsoil Gear Oil, ATF and engine oil.

2003 Grand Am SC/T V6 3.4L LA1 (Black)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016
Rookie

I have the exact same issue - saying it is caused by the undercoating. I dunno - I think the sensor should have a better seal on it to prevent this from happening. Will be getting car out of storage very soon - still undecided if I am going to fix it or just live with the light on. If I fix it, I will update with what it takes to fix.

**Update** Car is built, ETA for delivery to dealer May 22
Ordered April 6, 2011, 2012 5.0L, 6 Speed, 3:55, Lava Red, Satin Black Stripe, HID Headlamps with security package, GT Package #5. (Hood scoop, Pedistal Spoiler, Side Scoops, Rear Winow Louvers, Deck Panel)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016
Rookie

At the beginning of last winter I had my car oilsprayed as well and few days later got P0451 code. Took it to the dealer since I was under warranty and they said it needs a new fuel tank pressure sensor and that the sensor comes part of a bunch of fuel lines. If you look under your car you'll see these lines as they kind of wrap around the fuel tank. They ordered me the part but a few days later the light went off so I never went back. However every few weeks it'll pop back on and either I'll clear it or it'll go off on its on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page