Wheels, tires and clearance questions - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
+42mm will fit fine
So 18 x 10 with a 50mm offset and a 8mm (around 3/8") wheel spacer?

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Too much spacer on stock studs IMO

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Too much spacer on stock studs IMO
accorrding to vorshlag the only spacer you can use that isnt bolt on is the 3mm (1/8th inch) spacer. According to discount tire, only bolt on spacers can be used.

3/8ths non bolt on is a big no no. Even with longer studs.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
accorrding to vorshlag the only spacer you can use that isnt bolt on is the 3mm (1/8th inch) spacer. According to discount tire, only bolt on spacers can be used.

3/8ths non bolt on is a big no no. Even with longer studs.
Well, FML...

I know, First World Problems....

FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
Apprentice

Garage
Stock 2010-2014 mustang have a stud sizing of 1/2" dia. x 20mm. You throw a 8mm spacer behind the wheel you just lost 40% of your threads. At least 2 issues I see from the get go, 1st you would most likely strip the threads if you pre-torque the wheels to the required force. If you have not already stripped the threads you just over pretension the bolt to cause failure from any lateral forces. 2nd to have the proper pretension you are still at the issue of 40% of your frictional forces between threads of the bolt and nut are gone so now the nuts are more likely to brake lose with out any thread lockers.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gManTexas View Post
Well, FML...

I know, First World Problems....
why do you have 18x10 with +50mm offset though... Is that just the only size they make in the wheel or something

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
why do you have 18x10 with +50mm offset though... Is that just the only size they make in the wheel or something
I don't have them, those are the wheels I mentioned to you before that I want to get.

Bravado Americana II. They sell them at Discount Tire and Summit, among other places. Only Bullitt style I've found that will fit a BBK if I go that way in the future.

18x9" x 40mm offset
18x10" x 50mm offset

They also make a 20 x 9.5" and 20 x 11" I think.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gManTexas View Post

They also make a 20 x 9.5" and 20 x 11" I think.
What are the specs on those? They might fit...

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
What are the specs on those? They might fit...
20 x 9.5"

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/br...4455/overview/

20 x 11"

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/br...4555/overview/

GT Member
S197 Member

Close....that might work....would depend on the wheel

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Close....that might work....would depend on the wheel
On the wheel geometry or did you mean tires?

Anyway, I'm about to give up on those wheels with Michelin PSS tires. I can't find a reasonable combo that sits close to 27.3".

GT Member
S197 Member

I mean depending on the exact shape and measurements on the wheel

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page