Problem with Bama V2 Tune - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Question Problem with Bama V2 Tune

I recently started to notice a dead zone in my power band from about 3,900 - 4,800 RPM. In that zone the engine gets noticeably louder and changes tone but the car does not accelerate. At around 4,800 it feels like it catches up with itself and begins accelerating again. Feels like its not getting enough fuel. This tune has been on the car for 2 months, did not have this problem initially. Car has the boss intake manifold, JLT intake, stock throttle body.

I'd like to datalog the tune. Does anybody know the 20 parameters to log for the SCT X3 unit? The instructions on bama performance list 22 parameters, which the older DLF unit won't allow. Requests to bama what parameters to log have gone unanswered for a few days now.

I've tried reloading the tune and pulling the #47 fuse, neither made a difference.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015
BOSS Member

Garage
Did you try calling them?

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I could not locate a phone number on their website. Only to submit a request.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015
Apprentice

You need a laptop type device to log about 33 plus parameters. Bama has that information on their site. I just went through about 7 different revisions on my CJ setup with them. The car runs and drives fine, but the logs and general performance was lacking. It was taking 5 days in between some of the revisions (bounced around 3 different tuners) and I felt I had to hound them to get response. Nice guys though. I went with Lund and Imo a big step up. Im getting over 6 degrees more timing at peak and almost 10 degrees more at 5800 rpms. Zero knock and better a/f. All around the logs are better now and all done in 3 days since we started. Not to mention the car feels like it picked up a lot more power. Good luck.

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.

Last edited by zinc03svt; 07-01-2015 at 11:11 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015
Apprentice

Maybe AMAlexLazarus could help. You might message him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaracen View Post
I could not locate a phone number on their website. Only to submit a request.

SR Performance 75mm Throttle Body, SR Performance Upper Intake Plenum, SR Performance Cold Air Intake, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, Exedy Mach 400 Stage 2 Clutch, SR Short Throw Shifter, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, PaceSetter Longtube Headers, Custom 2.5" Stainless Exhaust with H Pipe and Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers , Bama X4/SF4 Tuner,
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

888 226 9764

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015
Site Sponsor

Hey OP - Weird! Shoot the Bama Team a call and tell them that Laz sent you and they'll get you fixed up right now. I just wanted to throw this out there that I along with Bama don't suggest doing the fuse pull!

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks. I've had the problem before and after the pull so it didn't cause it, but I will refrain from pulling it in the future.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Update: After going back and forth data logging with Bama for 2 weeks the problem is improved but still not gone. So the tech working on it has identified some fueling issues - not sure the specifics. He's on vacation now so it looks like its going to take another week since the lead tech seems to be too busy.

I took a video today of the fluttering noise the engine is making in the higher RPMs with the throttle planted. Sounds harsh to me and I think its a new development. Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Tell me I'm crazy and that its a perfectly normal noise?

Bad video but you car hear it loudest starting at 7-8 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHX...ature=youtu.be
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaracen View Post
Update: After going back and forth data logging with Bama for 2 weeks the problem is improved but still not gone. So the tech working on it has identified some fueling issues - not sure the specifics. He's on vacation now so it looks like its going to take another week since the lead tech seems to be too busy.

I took a video today of the fluttering noise the engine is making in the higher RPMs with the throttle planted. Sounds harsh to me and I think its a new development. Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Tell me I'm crazy and that its a perfectly normal noise?

Bad video but you car hear it loudest starting at 7-8 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHX...ature=youtu.be
Did you get problem fixed with Bama? I'm thinking about same tune. I don't want to run into any problems but if I do, I want to make sure it will be resolved. I am 100% stock though so I doubt I will. I hope you got it fixed.

2012 automatic black Mustang 5.0, the most basic model LOL.
BOSS Member

Garage
Spend the extra money and get a Lund tune.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmuscle4life View Post
Did you get problem fixed with Bama? I'm thinking about same tune. I don't want to run into any problems but if I do, I want to make sure it will be resolved. I am 100% stock though so I doubt I will. I hope you got it fixed.
No, I never got it fully resolved with BAMA. Switched to a LUND tune that was spot on first try and delivered within one day. Much happier with the power curve as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper;
Spend the extra money and get a Lund tune.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Nice! Glad to hear you got it fixed. Which tune did you get? Is there a specific name for it so I can look it up? Also, do you notice a big difference in speed? Not from a dead stop. But as you are already rolling like on the freeway or something like that. I'm trying to improve that.

Thanks.

2012 automatic black Mustang 5.0, the most basic model LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page