Roush Supercharger install. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
You have the stages correct but the warranty does change. I've been round and round with Ford and Roush about this. is it stupid? Yes. Would I have still purchased my car if I knew this beforehand? Yes.

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Like to know what you find out as well. I have a 2014 so more warranty left than you but I want to put a Roush S2 or Brenspeed 650R and weighing the same options as you for warranty vs non-warranty install.

2014 Mustang GT : 6spd manual, sterling gray
MODS : tint, Pioneer 4100nex, AMR staggered charcoal, gt500 axlebacks
Previous Mustang : 2006 Mustang GT, 5spd manual, windveil blue, black interior IUP, 18in fanblades, spoiler delete, 5/20 tint
MODS : sequential turns, CDC ducktail, AVIC-D3+reverse keycam, CDC chin spoiler, C&L CAI Brenspeed 93 tune, MAC axlebacks
Previous Mustang : 1967 Mustang Coupe, V8 289 auto, red with black interior
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanielnewman View Post
You have the stages correct but the warranty does change. I've been round and round with Ford and Roush about this. is it stupid? Yes. Would I have still purchased my car if I knew this beforehand? Yes.
Sounds like you're being lied to. Your Ford powertrain warranty is not automatically voided by cosmetic/suspension mods.

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Nope, not being lied to. That's just the way it is. It's even in my Roush owners manual supplement. I have accepted it. It is just part of owning a Roush Mustang. It wouldn't matter anyway as I am ready for a power adder, I just wish I had purchased ia blower sooner, but spending money to ensure the car is ready for the added power (suspension & brakes) was a must. I believe you have to be able to stop and turn as well as go fast, lol.
As far as the warranty issue, if you don't believe me on the warranty, you are welcome to do your own research on the topic.

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
"All 2013 ROUSH “Stage” Mustangs are available in both coupe and convertible chassis and both manual and automatic transmissions. They are also all 50-state legal and covered by ROUSH’s 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty."

Can't make it any more clear than that.

PONY Member

A bumper to bumper warranty is separate from your factory powertrain (engine, transmission, etc.) warranty. Every stock 5.0 comes with a 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
To get back on topic, is anyone running the 626R kit?

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
As far as the 3/36 deal, I failed to mention, I did all of this research prior to installing the Ford ProCal tune, which also carries a warranty when installed by an authorized dealer. So, I had my local dealer do the "install" (load the tune) and they had to change my warranty from Roush to Ford Racing in Oasis. Ford only agreed to the warranty because the car was essentially a stock GT power train wise, even though Roush had the warranty. That warranty for the ProCal is also only good for 3/36 from the vehicle in service date.

Last edited by cdanielnewman; 07-09-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Apprentice

Op. Call VMP Tuning. They have stage 1, 2, and 3 kits. Save yourself a bundle and do install yourself over weekend. Justin Starkey @ VMP. Fastest Roush blowers around.
cdanielnewman likes this.

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
Apprentice

I just ordered VMP's phase 3 kit for my 2012 RS3 through my dealership and ended up getting it about $50 cheaper than through VMP directly. I'm paying the dealership $200 to install everything (could probably do it myself, but want the piece of mind and "warranty" on the install). Hoping it will wake my car up as it's supposed to add 100-150 HP and I've heard VMP has a way more aggressive tune than the stock ROUSH tune which feels pretty anemic at times to me for a car that is supposed to have 540HP...
cdanielnewman likes this.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc03svt View Post
Op. Call VMP Tuning. They have stage 1, 2, and 3 kits. Save yourself a bundle and do install yourself over weekend. Justin Starkey @ VMP. Fastest Roush blowers around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
I just ordered VMP's phase 3 kit for my 2012 RS3 through my dealership and ended up getting it about $50 cheaper than through VMP directly. I'm paying the dealership $200 to install everything (could probably do it myself, but want the piece of mind and "warranty" on the install). Hoping it will wake my car up as it's supposed to add 100-150 HP and I've heard VMP has a way more aggressive tune than the stock ROUSH tune which feels pretty anemic at times to me for a car that is supposed to have 540HP...
I put the Phase 2 Roush TVS blower (625hp) on my car last year and actually drove to Roush in Livonia, MI to have them do it at the Speed Shop. I'm more than a little particular on who I let work on my cars, and I just couldn't find a local shop that I felt had any experience with this blower / car.

As others have said, the Roush tune is nice and safe but runs very very rich and has "stock" throttle response and transmission settings (if you have an AT like I do.)

I very recently bought a tune from Justin at VMP Tuners and despite a little bit of a wait to actually receive the tune (apparently he was fine tuning some AT calibrations) it's like a whole different car with the aftermarket tune.

I'm sure Brenspeed's tunes are excellent also, but I did LOTS of research for quite a while before settling on VMP and from everything I found, Justin is THE guy for TVS2300/Roush blower kits on the 5.0. So far, so good but I can't wait to get it to the track!

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Thanks for the input guys. I believe I have reached a decision just to go phase 1 for now. I think it will be a safe assumption that I will bump it up in the future. Now the question is, who gets to install it. I could do it myself, no problem, but I do want the warranty from Roush. So to do that it has to be installed by an authorized installer (shop). Brenspeed has quoted me $7466.49 out the door with full power train warranty. I would have to drive 14 hours to get this done, so traveling really isn't a problem. My local Roush dealers are both over 8k for the install and warranty. So the new question is, can I get a better price from another authorized installer?

PONY Member

14 hours isn't a problem? I'd pay the extra $500 to not drive 14 hours.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Lol, no it's not a problem. It gives me a reason to drive to Texas. I enjoy driving, just did the power tour this year, so I really love driving my car. Hopefully after the install I can drive down to San Antonio to visit some friends and drive the "Three Sisters". Plus when I said over 8k, I mean a lot over 8k, almost $8500.

PONY Member

Drivetrain warranty? Ya'll are lucky. Mine was voided the minute the 624HP Whipple went on mine.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brenspeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page