Roush Supercharger install. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
I put the Phase 2 Roush TVS blower (625hp) on my car last year and actually drove to Roush in Livonia, MI to have them do it at the Speed Shop. I'm more than a little particular on who I let work on my cars, and I just couldn't find a local shop that I felt had any experience with this blower / car.

As others have said, the Roush tune is nice and safe but runs very very rich and has "stock" throttle response and transmission settings (if you have an AT like I do.)

I very recently bought a tune from Justin at VMP Tuners and despite a little bit of a wait to actually receive the tune (apparently he was fine tuning some AT calibrations) it's like a whole different car with the aftermarket tune.

I'm sure Brenspeed's tunes are excellent also, but I did LOTS of research for quite a while before settling on VMP and from everything I found, Justin is THE guy for TVS2300/Roush blower kits on the 5.0. So far, so good but I can't wait to get it to the track!

That because Roush kit has warranty it's going to be on the safe side. Aftermarket tune it blows up you SOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I have the Brenspeed 626R kit installed by Brenspeed. I got exactly what I was looking for from Brenspeed. Car runs great, very strong & dependable. Call George at Brenspeed, ask your questions then make your appointment.

cdanielnewman likes this.

2012 GT/CS Auto, Roush TVS SC, GT500 Axel Backs, Koni STR.T, FRPP P Springs, GT500 mounts, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relo brackets, BMR adj upper control arm & Mount, M-2300-T GT500 Brake Kit
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZRNR View Post
I have the Brenspeed 626R kit installed by Brenspeed. I got exactly what I was looking for from Brenspeed. Car runs great, very strong & dependable. Call George at Brenspeed, ask your questions then make your appointment.
What did your car read on the dyno after the install?

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.

Apprentice

520 HP & 474 TQ at the wheels - remember you don't drive the dyno...the drivability is what matters

2012 GT/CS Auto, Roush TVS SC, GT500 Axel Backs, Koni STR.T, FRPP P Springs, GT500 mounts, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relo brackets, BMR adj upper control arm & Mount, M-2300-T GT500 Brake Kit
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Your correct on the driveability aspect, I was just curious on the numbers. The Phase 1 kit dyno numbers are 493 hp and 417 tq. Dyno numbers are real world data, not a "butt dyno". I just wanted to see the difference, numbers wise. I'm sure the drivability of the standard phase 1 kit is decent, none of the Roush owners running it have complained about it. I think it's great that the 626R kit is relatively close in price. You are the only one that is running the 626R that has been willing to give input, thanks for that. Just want to make the best decision possible. I think I will go stock phase 1 then next year, bump it up with either the 626R kit or the VMP tune. That research/comparison will come later.

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
That because Roush kit has warranty it's going to be on the safe side. Aftermarket tune it blows up you SOL
Only the Roush Phase 1 has a powertrain warranty. And only on the original 3/36. Wasn't applicable for the Phase 2 kit on my 2011.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Only the Roush Phase 1 has a powertrain warranty. And only on the original 3/36. Wasn't applicable for the Phase 2 kit on my 2011.
They offer one for the Phase 2 kit now: http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf/...de_10-1-14.pdf

There's one for the Phase 3 as well. Price goes up of course.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
That's good info on the Phase 2. I just got an email from RoushYates engines in NC and they actually offer a 5/60 on the Phase 1 kit. Thats pretty impressive. Of course it's not cheap.

post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Phase 1 kit installed. Extremely happy. It's a good foundation to build on in the future if I want. Thanks everyone for the input and advise.

post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Update, after having the Phase 1 kit installed for a couple of months now, here are my observations:
1. Car runs VERY rich. I know this is by design, but wow.
2. The pull is very linear and controlled. Not too wild at all, very safe for a daily driver.
3. No adverse effect on fuel economy even though the car is running rich. I'm still getting 24 mpg.
4. I a very happy with my decision, I would definitely recommend the kit to anyone.
5. Will probably be getting with Justin at VMP in the future nod drive down for a dyno tune.

PONY Member

Nice to read the update.

That is great fuel mileage you are getting.
I am nowhere close to that with the Whipple.

Did you stay with the standard heat range plugs or go one step cooler.

I had a canned tune from SAI and things were markedly improved with a custom dyno tune.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

I am running the 626R from Brenspeed. They also installed 1-7/8" long tube headers, an X-pipe and mufflers. Custom dyno tune, which they graciously allowed me to observe from a safe distance. Talk to George as others have suggested. I live in New Orleans and drove all the way to Dallas to get the work done. Zero regrets. Shop was spotless, they do great work and they know what they're doing. I've put about 5000 miles on it since the install. Zero problems. That's no guarantee for you of course, but I wouldn't leave the HP on the table. Go with the 626R. PS: Mine is a 2014 and I only had about 1500 miles on it when I had it done.
Rookie

I have this same debate often too, blower on the 5.0, or sell and buy a GT500....
Apprentice

Garage
Put the blower on the 5.0 if you can do it yourself...

If I was not capable of doing all of the work myself, I would have just gone for a GT500.

14' GT Premium, 400A, Oxford White, 6M, Track Package, Comfort Package.
MODS: FRPP 2.3L Whipple / FRPP GT500 Axle Back / FRPP Short throw shifter with bracket / FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack / American Racing Long Tube Headers (with H-Pipe) / BMR LCA with relocation brackets / BMR UCA with mount / DSS 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft / McLeod Flywheel & RST Twin Disc Clutch / Forgestar Piano Black CF5V 19x9, 19x10 / MT 305/35ZR19 ET Radial & MT 255/40ZR19 Street Comp Tires
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I just put in the plugs that came in the Roush kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brenspeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page