Roush Supercharger install. - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Roush Supercharger install.

I plan on having a phase 1 kit installed next month. I was wondering who I should get to do the install? I've read some of the older posts on the topic but was looking for a more current price with install and Roush warranty. I have also contemplated the Brenspeed 626R kit. The kit will be going on a 2013 5.0. Advice welcomed. Thanks.

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015
PONY Member

You're eventually going to want the extra power, so I say go for the 626R. Their tune is much better than the stock Roush.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015
Apprentice

I have the Ford racing kit on a 2013 and haven't had any issues. From what I understand the roush is a great kit also when I got the dealership to install mine the mechanic said there's a little more grinding of the ribs with the roush but overall they are pretty close to one another as far as install.
cdanielnewman likes this.

[SIGPIC]2013 GT/CS with FRPP 624 supercharger kit, Ford racing 3" catback, Barton short shifter and 2post bracket, aluminum one piece drive shaft, Ford Racing Laguna Seca wheels, Ford racing SVT Brembo front brakes, GT/CS door sil plates, Chrome shifter ball, Ford Racing boost guage in Roush vent pod

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Possibly. I am weighing the cost difference, the warranty, and the drive-ability as a daily driver. As far as I know I can get the Roush Phase 1 kit installed with warranty (about 7 months remaining) for $7466.49 out the door or pay $7889.59 out the door for the 626R. So the $ difference isn't too much ($400ish) but we're talking about a lot of total money. Both prices are from Brenspeed. I don't know if they give a forum discount or not, those prices are just via email to a sales guy. It's a large amount of money to me and I want to make sure I do every bit of research and ask all the questions that I can before I pull the trigger.

2013 RS1, 1 of 1 Grabber Blue w/pearl, 6M. Brembo package, Roush Performance suspension upgrade. Roush Performance exhaust. Roush Phase 1 TVS.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015
Apprentice

I don't think you can go wrong with the roush kit but tommy is right your going to get it put on and live it then you'll want a little more power. I put the 525 on for a year to keep my warranty and wish I'd have gone with the 624 first lol.

[SIGPIC]2013 GT/CS with FRPP 624 supercharger kit, Ford racing 3" catback, Barton short shifter and 2post bracket, aluminum one piece drive shaft, Ford Racing Laguna Seca wheels, Ford racing SVT Brembo front brakes, GT/CS door sil plates, Chrome shifter ball, Ford Racing boost guage in Roush vent pod
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I'm leaning 626R, and from what I've read it's a very safe tune from Brenspeed but I don't know of anyone running it. All my information is from Brenspeed. I appreciate the advice.

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015
PONY Member

One looks at HP numbers, sees a figure and thinks it will be enough.
But it never is. Get as much as you can afford, or the limit of what you think your engine can take, whichever comes first.

I checked your profile, it looks like you have the suspension in place.

OK, you're going to do the SC thing, and so it begins again... more mods.
I'm hopeless, you're hopeless, we are all hopeless. It never stops.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015
Apprentice

So if a dealer installs the SC kit, the factory warranty isn't voided even though the car will be tuned by Brenspeed? What's the install price of that, like a grand?

2008 California Special: Boss 302 stroker, KB huffer, driveline, fuel, electronics, suspension, chassis, some outdoor pretty parts, Boss 338's i.e. nothing really left that's stock. Meth injection under construction. Tuned by Chris Tuten at The Muffler Shop.
2012 California Special (DD): Minor modding, just looking for sound, throttle response, and handling from this one, nothing fancy. Tuned by Steeda.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Warranty for 36 months / 36k miles from my (In Service) date, the day I purchased my car new. That warranty is offered from Roush for the Phase 1 kit. If I go the 626R route, no warranty at all.

So here are my options:
Phase 1 - 8 months of warranty, less hp, less $
626R - No warranty, more hp, more $

I am still waiting to hear from anyone running the 626R setup. Brenspeed says it's safe, dyno tuned with no issues. This maybe true but I want to hear it from a driver not just the sales pitch.

Yes the factory warranty is out the window as with anything like this. If my car had the 5/60 power train warranty I would probably wait, but being its a Roush mustang it only has a 3/36 regardless of Stage.

Apprentice

I'm confused...can you not put on the stage 1 kit and swap the pulley out later on, say, after the warranty is up?
crjackson2134 likes this.

2008 California Special: Boss 302 stroker, KB huffer, driveline, fuel, electronics, suspension, chassis, some outdoor pretty parts, Boss 338's i.e. nothing really left that's stock. Meth injection under construction. Tuned by Chris Tuten at The Muffler Shop.
2012 California Special (DD): Minor modding, just looking for sound, throttle response, and handling from this one, nothing fancy. Tuned by Steeda.
Apprentice

You should be able to but from what I read before I installed mine it's a pulley and a tune which brings it to 625. Chances are your gonna want the one that offers the most power whether you go phase one first or not so its up to whether you want a warranty or not. I'd also check on the warranty because it's usually on parts installed if you blow the motor because you drive like a crazy person I doubt warranty covers anything.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanielnewman View Post
Warranty for 36 months / 36k miles from my (In Service) date, the day I purchased my car new. That warranty is offered from Roush for the Phase 1 kit. If I go the 626R route, no warranty at all.
Your motor has a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty from Ford. I don't think any of the power added companies will meet the Ford 5/60 warranty so either way you are throwing away your warranty. (Based on Ford determining that your Supercharger was the cause of the failure.)

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I could install the Phase 1 kit then go back for the 626R. But that's another long trip and even more $. I could do the 626R upgrade with a canned tune from Brenspeed but I would prefer the dyno tune.

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
My warranty is 3/36. That is the warranty on all Roush Mustangs regardless of stage (RS, RS1, RS2,&RS3). I figured it would have the standard Ford warranty too but I was wrong.
Roush does offer a power train warranty for up to 3/36 from in service date if the phase 1 kit is instlled by an authorized shop. My car will hit the 3 yr mark in April I think. Of course this warranty cost an additional $400 or so. I have already figured that into my price.
I was hoping someone on this forum was running the 626R package to give some input. I've read several folks running the 650R kit, but none for the 626R.

Last edited by cdanielnewman; 07-07-2015 at 08:28 AM.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdanielnewman View Post
My warranty is 3/36. That is the warranty on all Roush Mustangs regardless of stage (RS, RS1, RS2,&RS3). I figured it would have the standard Ford warranty too but I was wrong.
Roush does offer a power train warranty for up to 3/36 from in service date if the phase 1 kit is instlled by an authorized shop. My car will hit the 3 yr mark in April I think. Of course this warranty cost an additional $400 or so. I have already figured that into my price.
I was hoping someone on this forum was running the 626R package to give some input. I've read several folks running the 650R kit, but none for the 626R.
Does Roush put some sort of tune in all of their cars? Stage 1 is only cosmetic and Stage 2 (Roush cars, not supercharger phases) is suspension based from what I recall, that shouldn't have any effect on your 5/60 powertrain warranty from Ford. If your motor fails, it's on Ford to prove the failure is due to a cosmetic/suspension related mod from Roush. You never just completely "lose" a warranty, unless it expires obviously.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brenspeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page