2014 rear deck lid panel - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xarius
  • 1 Post By kdaly1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 rear deck lid panel

Has anyone found a quality panel to replace the original faux gas cap? I can't find anything nice. CDC has one but im not a big fan. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015
PONY Member

Do you want to keep the faux cap or delete it?

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I would prefer to delete it. any insight?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015
Apprentice

RTR?

I have their delete panel on my Mustang. Could be better but, looks good and the install isn't too bad.
I get lots of compliments on the clean appearance.

Mike

2013 Mustang GT, 6M, 3.73, Brembo Pack...AED Tune, Airaid CAI, SW Retro Exhaust
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015
Rookie

To add to this; I'd like to keep the gas cap look, but replace the GT with the running pony. Has anyone seen a replacement cap only, not the whole deck lid?

There are only 10 types of people in this world... those that understand binary and those who don't.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015
Apprentice

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015
PONY Member
S197 Member

Since the RTR is almost impossible to get ahold of, you'd have to buy a donor panel to get modified. I did this, purchased a V6 decklid panel off ebay cheap, and put my original panel in the basement. Used the local body shop I trust and had the gas cap cut out, fiberglassed in and painted. Looks better than the RTR panel IMO.

Before:

After:

kdaly1 likes this.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
Since the RTR is almost impossible to get ahold of, you'd have to buy a donor panel to get modified. I did this, purchased a V6 decklid panel off ebay cheap, and put my original panel in the basement. Used the local body shop I trust and had the gas cap cut out, fiberglassed in and painted. Looks better than the RTR panel IMO.

Looks sooo badass. We need to go cruising. Im in North GA too.
xarius likes this.

11 5.0 Prem|M6|Vortech SC w/ Lund|Beef TB Kit|JLT|BAP|ID1000's|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR Bracket|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR K-Mem-Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|Seat Delete|Boss Stuff|Spkrs

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post

Before:

After:

super nice, I would love to have this on my car hate the fake cap but I have not found a replacement, may have to go with your route - very nice

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

PONY Member

I just had to replace mine do to damage. I installed the MMD panel and tail light trim. I also put a domed emblem over the GT and added a "Supercharged" badge.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Carbon Fiber decklid panel. easy install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0801151504a~2.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	912.0 KB
ID:	454434  
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop229 View Post
Carbon Fiber decklid panel. easy install.
Yeah, that's an option if it's your thing. I didn't like any of the CF offerings personally because they don't follow the curved body line of the rear end.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page