SR Lowering Springs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

SR Lowering Springs

I installed the SR Springs and Koni's from AM at the same time. I ordered them based on MANY reviews saying they were great and "They are a little rougher riding" but not much more than stock. I daily Drive my GT and I have concluded that the SR's are very Rough Riding. Very Jarring on certain Freeways here in CA. Especially the 210. Not like what I read on the AM Site.
I'm thinking of getting the Steeda Ultralights. Steeda says they are very close to the Stock Ride. I know I will give up some Handling and I'm fine with that. I will be selling the SR's.
Anyone out there have the Steeda's? Opinions?
Thanks!

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have the Steeda Sports. I'm not sure what the difference in ride is between the Sports and the Ultralights. I do know that the Ultralights will lower the car about 1/4 more than the Sports. I really like my Sports BUT....the car is not my daily driver. At 62 years old, I'm not sure that I would want to daily drive it with the Sports on Connecticut roads. It certainly is a little firmer than stock. Since it is not my daily driver, I don't mind the firmer ride at all and the Sports along with my other suspension mods have greatly improved the handling and performance.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
I have the Steeda Sports. I'm not sure what the difference in ride is between the Sports and the Ultralights. I do know that the Ultralights will lower the car about 1/4 more than the Sports. I really like my Sports BUT....the car is not my daily driver. At 62 years old, I'm not sure that I would want to daily drive it with the Sports on Connecticut roads. It certainly is a little firmer than stock. Since it is not my daily driver, I don't mind the firmer ride at all and the Sports along with my other suspension mods have greatly improved the handling and performance.
Yes I daily Drive my GT and also go on long Drives with the Wife. We REALLY enjoy our drives!!! Having this rough ride makes it less pleasant and fun. With these SR's if we hit a Pothole or larger bumps my wife will scream because it is so jarring. I'm also needing to change out the Jounce Bumpers because it will bottom out on big bumps. 1.5" drop on all tires. Great look and handling though!
But reviews are obviously opinions and everyone thinks differently of what they think "Rough" is.

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I did replace my jounce stops but some people simply cut them. I did do some reading after I posted and some people say the sports are firmer than the ultralights and some people say the opposite. Go figure.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015
Rookie

I drive on so cal roads so ride was more important to me than all out handling. I'm very happy with FRPP P springs on Koni yellows set to full soft. Much better ride than Brembo BP setup. No more oscillation on concrete freeways, brake dive or nose in the air on acceleration. A comfortable well dampened firm ride. One inch drop looks better, no problems bottoming out. Used FRPP bumpers in rear.

Have not had HPDE day since install but I'm confident handling is much improved.

2012 GT Ingot Silver, MT82, Brembo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015
Apprentice

Garage
I have the SR lowering springs on my car. For a daily car, I think it is too much of a drop for the weekend/track car I use my Mustang it is perfect. I also use Koni yellow on full soft for the road and then adjust when I go to the track. Very happy with the performance overall. Just putting on lowering springs with the stock shocks isn't a good idea either. All the lower springs I have seen have an increased spring rate which the shock is not valved for.

2012 Mustang GT Brembo package w/3.55 rear end
+Shifter/Bracket from American Muscle
+Corbeau CR1 seats
+Carbotech 1521 (Street) / XP20 (Race) Motul RBF600
+Koni Adj yellow F/R, Sam Strano Adj Sway F/R, SR Lowering springs 1.5", Maximum Motorsport Adj Panhard, GT500 strut mounts
+X Pipe , GT500 Mufflers , BAMA Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page