JMS PedalMAX Drive By Wire Throttle Enhancement Device? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

JMS PedalMAX Drive By Wire Throttle Enhancement Device?

Just got an email from Steeda with this item for sale: JMS Mustang PedalMAX Drive By Wire Throttle Enhancement Device (11-15 All).
Have any of you purchased such a thing? I know with my automatic I experience this throttle lag when coming to a stop and starting again but does anyone have any experience with it? It says HP and torque gains... doubtful, but correcting the lag that is described would be nice.
Any input?
Thanks.

Mustang Tuning | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015
GT Member

At that price you are close to buying a canned or email tune and tuner and that'll certainly deal with the problem and give you some real power too. Take the money spent there and donate it to the tune cause.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015
PONY Member

I have one and like it. Here is a good thread on it: Installed JMS PedalMax... wow! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

From that link...

DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!) - MustangForums.com

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015
Apprentice

A tuner can add all the throttle response you want. Bama is famous for this on their "race tunes".

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015
PONY Member

Here is another big thread about this product. I've been thinking about getting one. I still want to retain my warranty so a tune is out for me and the Pedalmax supposedly doesn't void your warranty.
JMS PedalMax - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, I4, V6) - Mustang6G.com

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015
PONY Member

Here is another big thread about this product. I've been thinking about getting one. I still want to retain my warranty so a tune is out for me and the Pedalmax supposedly doesn't void your warranty.
JMS PedalMax - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, I4, V6) - Mustang6G.com

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015
GT Member

You get how this works right? It's just a scalar for the throttle position commanded v. actual. So, all you are doing is opening the throttle plate more for less action at the pedal.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015
PONY Member

Lots of cars stack the power up front as in foreign economy cars.
I do the obligatory econobox rentals here and there and it makes them feel powerful considering the initial responsiveness of the accelerator pedal. Of course, when you use the other remaining 75% of the pedal, there isn't much there.

I see nothing wrong with such however.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks TommyV and Tominator and others!

That DIY is definitely the ticket. Either way, even with that Pedal Max unit, if those brushes aren't contacting the right way it won't matter to take away the dead spot. This DYI is the answer I believe. That previous thread was awesome... as usual people were over-analyzing his very well written and documented write-up but once you cut through the bull it was a great thread.

And just to double check, this is OK to do in my 2012, right?
Thanks guys.

Oh and by the way, does this site run an app. Anymore? The Auto Guide app I was using for this forum isn't working now and I didn't know if it was my phone and tablet or if AllFords was not using it anymore.

Thanks again!
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have one. Won it in a raffle. It helped, but I'm not sure I would have gone the route if I purchased it with my own money. As others said, my car really woke up with the tune.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
Rookie

pedalmax

I just installed one in my 13 6M car last Friday and I think it made a big difference. I had a local dealer install the Procal tune because of warranty and it wasn't what I thought 60FTLBs would feel like at 1500rpm. I can tell you that the car is much more responsive. I was on another forum and got bashed because "I wasted money on this and could have bought a canned tune and yada yada yada. then the dude got real smart and I'm no longer welcome on that forum. Bottom line is I think it's worth it. I've had a tune on a 2006 by Alternative Auto and my 13 is still so much more car as it sits. It's kind of hard to throw away bumper to bumper coverage to June 2019
Rookie

I seen that thread about opening up the accelerator pedal and tweeking hair like wire sweeps to get rid of the dead spot but messing with throttle or brakes is not something I'm willing to do. This JMS thing has to be safe from that standpoint because of possible litigation.
Apprentice

The JMS pedalmax works...yeah it just scales up the response, but it does work and stacks very well with a good tune. You'll have to get used to not doing accidental burn-outs after you install it LOL

2009 GT , Brenspeed B326, Stage 1 heads, E-Force - 633 rwhp / 623 rwtq

2016 Ecoboost Premium, Bama Tune, JLT CAI, CPE Charge pipes, Mishimoto Intercooler, Tial BOV, Turbosmart 10psi Wastegate Actuator, 3" Downpipe, JMS Boostmax & Pedalmax, FRPP Borla Touring Axlebacks
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I wish we could just get instantaneous linear throttle response:
press pedal 12.5%, get 12.5% throttle instantly

press pedal 25%, get 25% throttle instantly

press pedal 50%, get 50% throttle instantly

and so on and so forth
Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever get that with the fly-by-wire system. There will always be some lag in the system because the throttle body takes some time to respond to the input.

The tunes and this device try to compensate for it by making it more "responsive"
press pedal 12.5%, get 25% throttle after a short lag

press pedal 25%, get 50% throttle after a short lag

and so forth

I am not sure that is really an improvement

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
lag , throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page