• 1 Post By Stew5.0
  • 1 Post By D_Sully
  • 1 Post By Firestorm
  • 1 Post By Blackpenguin69

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Panhard bar needed?

So for our anniversary my wife bought me a set of hurst stage 1 lowering springs. American Muscle says that they should give me a drop of about 1" on all for wheels. I was wondering if I would need to get an adjustable panhard bar when I install these? I know that sometimes the geometry can be thrown off when lowering a car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015
GT Member

I would not hesitate. Get one. Go to BMR. You can install it yourself and you will want a 4 wheel alignment after lowering and the install of the panhard bar.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member

It can't hurt. The panhard bar will allow you to center your rear axle; it might be off center a little after lowering. But it'll drive fine without a panhard bar, no frog-hopping. I put Eibach springs on my last two GTs, but no panhard bar on either. My rear axle did shift a little to the left. Now and then, I think about getting a panhard bar; meanwhile, the left side of my car looks a little bit better than the right.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
GT Member

Just to let you know it may transfer noise to the car body but you need adj bar if you lower it
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015
Apprentice

I have BMR adj panhard bar. On my car and it added no noise to the inside. I have the whole setup from Bmr. Lower control arms upper control arm and mount and the adj pan hard bar. These products added no noise to the interior. So to answer your question yes definitely get a adj panhard bar.
kdaly1 likes this.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS 3:73 gears Roush Axle Backs Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket JLT oil separator passenger and driver side Chrome shift knob with Barton chrome boot retainer
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015
Rookie

If your not sure whether your rear axle is off center than measure the distance between your wheels and fenders on each side to ensure that the distance is the same on each side. One way to do this is to tape a piece of string to the center of your fender above the wheel and tie something with weight to the end of the string. Let the string hang down and measure the distance between the center of your rim and the string. If it is not the same on each side than your rear axle is not centered. Hope this helps!
Bill'sFive.0 likes this.

I hope my wife never sees the price of these mods...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015
PONY Member

Garage
The rear wheels are generally not centered even from the factory. Get the adjustable panhard bar

Make sure you get the adjustment screws REALLY tight.
sqidd likes this.

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015
GT Member

It wouldnt hurt to wait to see how your axle sits before you ordered it. Its possible that it was off from the factory and after the 1 inch springs it could possible be better than it was. Ive had a few friend that have seen that happen on their cars.
sqidd likes this.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
Rookie

Got BMR one, love it

We see a lot of Mustangs in our shop! We have seen the rear alignment off from the factory..it's crazy but it happens. The stock bars are either cut too short or too long, or they are just fine. Its a small amount of cars but they still exist. The BMR Pan-hard Bar is not expensive and it really wouldn't hurt any Mustang to have one since most people modify their suspension at some point. They have polyurethane bushings too so there is less bushing deflection in the corners as opposed to the factory rubber bushings. Its also a good time to get some BMR Lower Control Arms as well, both of these combined are under $300 and you will notice the difference and your car will get better traction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page