X pipe help - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

To follow up on my previous post about the fitment issues I ran into with the Pypes X-Pipe, I had sent my previous one back to them because essentially the cat connections were too large. When clamping it down, it crushed the pipe and caused it to leak.

It took them nearly 4 months to replace the X-pipe, but they did redesign it, now including small inserts for use with the factory downpipes. I installed the new X-pipe with the inserts and on first fire-up, no leaks!

My guess would be that the X-pipe was originally intended for use with their catless downpipes, which may be slightly larger than the OEM cats. With the new inserts it sealed up perfectly. Actually it seemed a bit quieter than I remembered, probably because it doesn't leak, and the sound with the Roush axleback is glorious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Garage
I put the BBK X pipe in my 13 GT. after debating for a long time, the big black friday sale was the decisive point. lol. But all I can tell you is that it went on so easy and I did not have any leaks. The car performed so much better than with the stock h pipe. I also have muffler eliminators and the X pipe actually made the sound a little deeper and much smoother at low RPMs, however after 4K RPMs it growls like a beast. Hope this help.

V/R,
LSCS(SW/AW), USN.
"I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page