Joined: Sep 2015
When charging a lead/acid battery, you should always do so in a well ventilated area. During charging process, gasses are released and are VERY explosive. The gasses tend to collect in pockets such as under the hood if it is lowered while charging. I've had this happen before too, many years ago. That's why there is an exact procedure for jumper cable connections when boosting a car with a low battery (I know this was not your case, just throwing it out there). It's all about the gasses and sparks. Bad business... Sorry for you turn of events though. As others have said, remove the old battery ASAP and neutralize the residual acid residue. A baking soda compound works pretty well, and there are commercial products that may be more effective. It really will eat right through the metal with time. Good luck...
2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)