I feel my auto 5.0 GT lost some oomph - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Maybe it is my poor reading skills, but a few members have posted about the fuse #41 relearn feature.

Has the topic starter tried this? And if not why not?

But again, maybe it is my poor reading skills.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Oops, fuse #47 I mean.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hello All,

I think I did say sometime along the thread that my battery went dead a few months ago, stayed "cold" for about 30 minutes, and then the following days I went through the whole re-learning process of the "keep alive" system.

That's why I haven't gone for the fuse #47 thing.

I am more inclined to consider it a clutch problem, now that I already changed the tranny fluid and verified it did improve a little its performance, but still it doesn't revv up as fast as it used to.

If you guys were to change the clutch of a gt 2012 automatic, which clutch would you go for?

Thanks again!

PONY Member

Garage
I feel my auto 5.0 GT lost some oomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish fly View Post
Hello All,

I think I did say sometime along the thread that my battery went dead a few months ago, stayed "cold" for about 30 minutes, and then the following days I went through the whole re-learning process of the "keep alive" system.

That's why I haven't gone for the fuse #47 thing.

I am more inclined to consider it a clutch problem, now that I already changed the tranny fluid and verified it did improve a little its performance, but still it doesn't revv up as fast as it used to.

If you guys were to change the clutch of a gt 2012 automatic, which clutch would you go for?

Thanks again!

I don't think you have a very good grasp on things here. You don't have a clutch in the sense that I think you are thinking. There are clutch packs in the transmission, but if those were going bad, the trans would slip. What you are describing is not slipping by any stretch. You say it doesn't rev as quickly as you remember. Maybe your catalytic converter is plugged up??

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

roflmao.

You are defnitively right, I said it at the beginning of the thread, I know nothing about mechanics, although I do know there are only two pedals in my car!!!

what to do if my catalytic converter is plugged up? what could cause it to plug up?

thanks for your comment, and thanks for the laughs!!!!!

have a nice day!
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish fly View Post
roflmao.

You are defnitively right, I said it at the beginning of the thread, I know nothing about mechanics, although I do know there are only two pedals in my car!!!

what to do if my catalytic converter is plugged up? what could cause it to plug up?

thanks for your comment, and thanks for the laughs!!!!!

have a nice day!

😁😁

Are you running the stock tune? If your car runs too rich, it could cause the cat to melt and clog up. If that is the problem, you would either have to get new converters or put an off road pipe on.

Good luck getting it worked out!

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hi,

Yes, stock tune, only the brakes (brembos) are not stock and the ford racing springs, for the rest, I think it's the perfect car for me. That's why I wouldn't want an off road pipe.

What does "run too rich" exactly mean?

New converters are "catalytic converters"? Would I find them online if I look for them under that name or the technical name is different?

I want to get the original feeling from when I first got it, that is, as I said, simply perfect for me, the torque, the sound, everything...

Have a nice week!!!!!!!!!
BOSS Member

Garage
If you had a catalytic converter problem significant enough to be causing a problem you would be getting check engine light.

If you're concerned your car isn't accelerating like it should but seems to run fine you may look at the parking brake to see if it's dragging a little bit. Other than that I question whether there's actually a problem or not.
PONY Member

Garage
Like some of the guys have suggested, I'd do a full tune up on the car. Fresh set up plugs, oil change, transmission service, higher octane fuel, etc. Then I'd consider a CAI and tune, and possibly upgraded coils.

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page