Borla S type cat back question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
ok reporting back incase one day some one searches site and thread comes back up. I bent a bit more clearance on the hanger "rods" and generally just went over the entire exhaust. I am guessing I had one of the hangers that was too close to the bracket.

Had time today to take the car down off the ramps and out for a drive. I seems that indicated by my 40 mile drive, the problem is solved.
Thanks for putting this up, I'll be putting on a S Type in a week or two will remember to check that.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

replacement:

I'm too late to help but I had a buzz but it was due to a loose bolt on one of the brackets. Snugged up the bolt and, voila, no more bzzzzzzz-ing.

Borla S-types sound fantastic, imho, and there is zero drone at any RPM. I swapped mine out just because I needed something a little more gentle on my old ears.

Chris

2012 GT 6MT - RTR #59; performance white / charcoal interior
3.73's, AED tune, MGW Race Spec shifter, Airaid MFT, BMR rear LCAs & relo brackets, Panhard rod & brace, FRPP swaybars, MRT a/c H-pipe, LP OTAs, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, FRPP diff cover, JLT PCV p/s catchcan
Rookie

Good news that was all it was! Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page