LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyraven79 View Post
@ matthewr87 my car too, maybe we are just lucky?
I'd say yes.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

My 2011 GT is exactly the same- if I try to bang gears it feels like I'm breaking the car so I have to shift normally. Saving up for the MGW race spec but man it's expensive

crjackson2134 likes this.

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic 5.0 GT Premium, Manual, 3.73, Brembo, HIDs

Mods: 2010 AM GT500 wheels + Bridgestone Potenza S-04, GT500 axleback, MGW race spec, FRPP P springs, KONI STR.T struts/shocks, Steeda adj. panhard, BMR rear LCAs+relocation brackets
PONY Member

I have a 2013 GT/CS heavily modded 430rwhp - Installed a Barton short shifter with bracket - - never had a issue with a shifts at very high rpms unless it was my driver error trying force instead of being smooth and quick - this counts street as well as strip - I do drive the car in the winter when the roads permit and it does take a while for it to shift right due to the cold, but at that time I am just normal shifting so makes no difference

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
My brothers '13 GT with the Barton bracket and shifter shifts phenomenally. Short, concise, direct...6800RPM shifts are smooth and direct. I love that shifter.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
GT Member

get the MGW race spec, you'll be happy you did

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
PONY Member

Reading through the forums I am getting the impression that alot of the 11s & 12s had serious shifting issues that are internal and may not be corrected by a better shifter.

I have a 14 - only 3K miles on it - put an mgw in it - shifts good and fast - sometimes nibbles in 3rd when cold -- but it also shifted like this with the stock shifter - just was never accurate enough for my liking.

Possibly a tremec or later build m82 is an option for the op.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyraven79 View Post
@ matthewr87 my car too, maybe we are just lucky?

Me too. All I've done is disconnect skip shift and replaced the shifter bushing with the $15 Energy Suspension replacement and I happily bang them off all day. I would like a shorter throw however and that race spec looks pretty nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
rainyraven79 likes this.
PONY Member

Garage
The MGW Race Spec shifter cured all my shifting problems. Driving around in town the Mustang practically shifts itself. Essentially, I don't even have to think about where to put the shifter while rowing through the gears....it just goes where it's supposed too. MGW...THANK YOU!!! I can now enjoy my Stang!!

Jedi Dave
cpembach1 likes this.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
The MGW Race Spec shifter cured all my shifting problems. Driving around in town the Mustang practically shifts itself. Essentially, I don't even have to think about where to put the shifter while rowing through the gears....it just goes where it's supposed too. MGW...THANK YOU!!! I can now enjoy my Stang!!

Jedi Dave
You make that thing sound so good, I'm probably going to end up with this being my 1st mechanical mod way before I'm ready to spend the cash.
rainyraven79 likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Quote:

Jedi Dave
Good way to put it. Same way I feel about it but I'm not all that good at writing out how I feel about a product. Good or bad.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
PONY Member

Garage
The MGW Race Spec Shifter is the best and most practical mod I've done to my "Stang." The factory stock shifter is just plan horrible....Ford should be sued by the Mustang community. The MGW replaces everything and isn't that difficult of a DIY project. I completed the job myself because I didn't trust any paid mechanic to do it right. Don't walk, run, to MGW's website and make the purchase!! You won't regret the decision! The best $500.00 purchase you'll ever make!!

JediDave
May the Force be with you always!!
cpembach1 and crjackson2134 like this.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member

you mean it's not supposed to grind going into third? oh oh....
PONY Member

Quote:
The MGW Race Spec Shifter is the best and most practical mod I've done to my "Stang." The factory stock shifter is just plan horrible....Ford should be sued by the Mustang community. The MGW replaces everything and isn't that difficult of a DIY project. I completed the job myself because I didn't trust any paid mechanic to do it right. Don't walk, run, to MGW's website and make the purchase!! You won't regret the decision! The best $500.00 purchase you'll ever make!!
This is the best thing I have done for my 2014 GT 5.0.....you CANNOT miss gears unless you REALLY WANT TO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page