Need help/info replacing 2012 mustang GT stock MT82 transmission - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 5LHO

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need help/info replacing 2012 mustang GT stock MT82 transmission

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I busted my transmission a little over a month ago. Purchasing a new trans from ford was over $3k, however LKQ had one on hand with less than 5k miles for a little over half that, so I decided to purchase from them. However, before placing my order over the phone with them, I knew the transmission ID in my vehicle was CR33-7003-AB, however the one that I had purchased was a CR33-7003-AF. The person over the phone kept reassuring me, that the VIN that I provided for my vehicle will work with my car....

Fast forward couple weeks after being ordered, the shop owner installs the transmission, but contacts me to tell me that my original transmission was machined to receive a sensor/solenoid from my car harness, however, the new transmission was not machined to receive this sensor/solenoid.
Does anyone know what the function of this sensor or solenoid is?

I am about to start a warranty claim with LKQ, but I would rather use the transmission already installed so I can to avoid having to pay for labor twice since I doubt I'll be able to get that money from LKQ although they "guaranteed" it would fit...

Any help with this sticky situation would be greatly appreciated

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	att_1447122409004171.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	478938   Click image for larger version

Name:	att_1447122413597192.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	478946  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015
GT Member

It's likely the skip shift solenoid, deleted after the 2012 model year. 13+ don't have this and your new trans is 13+. If you're tuned the function is deleted anyway so just block off the hole and drive on.

David Filimon likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

After a little investigating and perusing the forums, looks like u r right! Thanks for your help!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015
Banned

AF is the revision level and evolution in design over the AB. So you are getting some design improvements in the AF that were not in the AB most likely.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

So that indeed was the skip shift solenoid! Have been driving the car a few hundred miles and no MIL.

I'd like to say that the Trans was installed and I lived happily ever after with my new used mt82... However that's not the case.

I'm having issues with my 1-2 shift, where I'll think my car is in 2nd gear, I let off the clutch and I hear a horrible grinding noise, in which I immediately depress the clutch and go into neutral, third, or 1st depending on my speed.

My bro/mechanic, although I told him to make sure the correct fluid (qdc and additive) was put in the Trans, he got confused when Ford told him to use "dual clutch" fluid, and opted for the qs fluid. My question is, how likely is it that I have a bad synchro in 2nd gear, or is the issue that I don't have the correct fluid for the year of the Trans? Every other gear works great except for 2nd. Any help would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page