If you have an Airaid intake you might want to read this... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

If you have an Airaid intake you might want to read this...

Was at a NOLA Motorsports track event (2.75 road course) this past week and my car died on the track. Turns out the company supplied MAF Sensor screws backed out and the MAF sensor fell out of the intake tube. Quite embarrassing and cost me quite a bit of track time, read $$$. Instructions do not call for Loctite but I highly recommend it if you haven't already done this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015
Apprentice

Garage
I did the same thing already Locktite on those ****** little screws LOL Love the intake tho

Lots of parts. Still slow
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the intake, but for the love of god I can't figure out why they haven't added this step into their instruction manual. Loctite would probably pay them to sponsor their product. When I called customer service today, they said they've never heard of this. I've already read a dozen instances of this happening to people with this intake on a lot of different cars...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015
PONY Member

Happened to me too.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015
GT Member

yeah it happened to me also. Had to have it towed to the dealer and paid 175 bucks for diagnosis and new screws and loctite.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I have the "tube" so I kept the original MAF position on the airbox.

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in