LinkBack Thread Tools
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram63 View Post
no, the car has a 3 year 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper and a 5 year 60,000 mile power train warranty
That is a grey area once the track key is activated and used. I have gotten 3 different answers all different avenues I have went to when I was recently looking at a BOSS.

#1 Said it drops to a 3yr 36,000 mile warranty.

#2 Said it doesn't in any way affect the 3 year 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper and a 5 year 60,000 mile power train

#3 Said it depends on if they can prove track key was in use at time of issue. If in use warranty not active. If not proven to be in use you have full warranty.

So very grey area honestly. Also what made me step back from a BOSS a little. Couldn't justify buying a Boss with 9K miles for such a high price without knowing warranty status 100%. haha

Sean Reilly and crjackson2134 like this.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

my quick search backed the 3/36 answer...I had vaguely remembered it being cut some. But having a wtty and having it honored are two different things.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice
S197 Member

If I remember correctly there is a TSB out on the clutch pedal sticking problem. It is very common on GT/Boss cars. The solution from ford was to replace the pedal assembly with the GT500 assembly. Realize it is too late for that as you now have other stuff broken but just FYI Good luck.

2013 GT premium, Deep impact blue, Recaros, Manual, 3.73, Gt500 mufflers, Barton shifter, Steeda 91 tune, Pilot Sport A/S 3

Sean Reilly

Exclamation

Quote:
no, the car has a 3 year 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper and a 5 year 60,000 mile power train warranty
Are you Absolutely sure as far as the "Track-Key" activation NOT effecting your Warranty!?.....I think that this is where the "Bogger in the Napkin Lies.....Dont forget, the Red "Track-Key" is indeed a FRPP Product, as is the Tune that it enables, (Yes FRPP worked closely with FoMoCo to develop this Option) But I am almost positave that I read that Enabling the Red Key has some funky "Legalese" lawyer "Mubo-Jumbo" in the fine Print as far as the Powertrain Warranty is concerned!........

It has been also hinted that when it comes to the S550 (2015+ Stangs. that are equipped with the "Line-Lock" feature, as Ford has put into question the Powertrain warranty when the Line-Lock is activated, As to what is actually covered if used??....i.e. Broken Half-Shafts, Driveshaft, and Rear Diff.......Now from what I have heard from MY local Dealer, Ford (Dearborn) is "In The Weeds" so to speak as to what EXACTLY IS COVERED WHEN 1 of THESE COMPONENTS FAILS BECAUSE OF A "Line-Lock" Activation???......Go figure.....

Sean.
Sean Reilly

Yep AGAIN "Mud" IS CORRECTAMUNDO!!.....

Sean.
Sean Reilly

And as far as not only Me, but 100% of the Boss owners would agree that those Stangs Most Definitely SHOULD have come with the same beefed up Tremec 6 Speed
that resides in the Shelby GT-500's!........Hell, I would gladly go back to my 2010 GT's 5 Speed Tremec over this current MT-82 Setup thats in the 2011+ MY GT's!!....I mean people with the "Supposedly" New and Improved Getrags in the S550's are having ALL THE SAME ISSUES AS THE '11-'14's!....Oh! Except you dont spill your drink as easy! As they Put some "BIG-TIME" R&D To move those cupholders!!......

Sean.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well just got back from the ford dealer, after doing a little research thru the freedom of information act, I found some TSB and some internal documents used in 1 of the several law suits that ford has lost over this issue, and it will be covered 100% including the clutch, come to find out that the bolts holding the clutch assembly together failed causing the clutch to come apart and cause several other issues ford is also aware that the syncrnizers in some of the mt82s were built with sub standard material, but none Thanks for all the info if anything changes ill let you know
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Yep AGAIN "Mud" IS CORRECTAMUNDO!!.....

Sean.
Mud is right? What about me? I think Mud was agreeing to my post above him... The little guy never gets credit... hahaha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Well just got back from the ford dealer, after doing a little research thru the freedom of information act, I found some TSB and some internal documents used in 1 of the several law suits that ford has lost over this issue, and it will be covered 100% including the clutch, come to find out that the bolts holding the clutch assembly together failed causing the clutch to come apart and cause several other issues ford is also aware that the syncrnizers in some of the mt82s were built with sub standard material, but none Thanks for all the info if anything changes ill let you know
Glad it all seems to be in your favor and you are getting all the work corrected under warranty.

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Sean Reilly

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Mud is right? What about me? I think Mud was agreeing to my post above him... The little guy never gets credit... hahaha
Well I just gave the "Little Guy" an EXTRA 2 Green Reputation Bars!

So There!

Sean.
MustangLife and crjackson2134 like this.
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Well I just gave the "Little Guy" an EXTRA 2 Green Reputation Bars!

So There!

Sean.

SWEET! The "little guy" got great credit!!!
Thanks Sean!

Current Garage
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Sean Reilly

Got to give the Credit to whom it is Most Deserving of!

Sean.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

thx...................

seriously tho, I thought that my credit was for the bit about the wtty being honored.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.

Last edited by Strange Mud; 12-02-2015 at 08:11 AM.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
It's good to here that Ford is fixing it.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
This doesn't sound right. Did you take it to the original dealership? I've spent a lot of money at one specific dealership where I live. I would expect them to make good on a warranty especially on an upper level limited run vehicle. A clutch is an easy job for a service department. The transmission can be replaced. As suggested, contact Deysha. She is very helpful.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page