Custom splitter - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Custom splitter

So forgive me if this thread has been started before but I have searched and found nothing on here. Anyways, I am interested in building a splitter myself rather than forking over $500+ for a Ford Racing LS splitter or something similar. So my question is does anyone have experience in doing this? From what I've heard its simply a matter of removing the front bumper, tracing it onto 1/4 inch ABS, cutting out the template and placing the splitter as far forward as you would like it before drilling holes to bolt it down. Now I know there's a few more steps than that but is that the general "jist" on how to do it or am I way off?

I hope my wife never sees the price of these mods...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015
Apprentice

I would think its gonna take you quite some time to get this done. If time is money, then it will most likely be cheaper to get the boss splitter. Its not expensive. Like 160 bucks for reg boss splitter

11 5.0 Prem|M6|Vortech SC w/ Lund|Beef TB Kit|JLT|BAP|ID1000's|Stoptech ST-40|3:55|MGW+BFR Bracket|DSS|F14 20x9&10.5|MPSS 275/295|GC Coilovers|TR Hood|JPC BOV|BMR K-Mem-Full Sus|ARH LT/Catted H to GT500|Seat Delete|Boss Stuff|Spkrs

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015
GT Member
S197 Member

Are you going for aesthetics or downforce?

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
Rookie

Got the boss splitter under a CS valence and it looks great
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015
PONY Member

Garage
So i'm all for making custom parts and the fun in the process of doing it. I am a big DIY guy myself.

However one thing I've learned over the years is when you do something like this for the first time, you will spend as much or more doing it yourself and it will probably look like **** the first time. You will almost always have to make it twice. Whatever you think it will cost, double that and you will still be a little short of the actual cost.

If you are trying to do it yourself because you think it will be "cheaper" you will probably be disappointed. If you do it because you want to learn how to do it, go for it.

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in