Super Charger 2013 5.0 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Centris are a ***** not bc of the blower but bc of all the pipe routing crap and potential for false knock, actually. A TVS concentrates all the install on the top of the engine and just runs a couple water lines out front. You can have the intake manifold off in about 1/2 an hour on this car.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynwood View Post
I went with the stage 2 P1SC Procharger. It's very consistent at the track with traction. No heatsoak issues and at 8psi it makes 593 rwhp 450 rwtq and ran a [email protected] last time at the track spinning off the line with a crappy 1.75 60'. I went with Procharger because I feel the centrifugal superchargers are a bit easier on the engine because the torque is less and not as hard on the engine and wanted to keep my power level more on the conservative side so I can run the stock engine as long as possible. That's just me though.
I wouldn't limit power just because of a roll cage rule at the track though. You will be bored with 500rwhp before you get home from the dyno tune especially going from what you have now the car might not feel too much faster than what it is now. Depending on your track you will probably get a few runs before they tell you to quit. It just depends on how strict they are. I have ran a bunch of runs under 11.50 at my track and haven't been kicked out yet. I go when there isn't much going on just test and tune and they seem to be a lot more lenient than I was expecting.
The P1SC pro charger will be smog legal in my state in 2 months. I'm looking into this one for sure. I was going to keep mine 100% stock other than the pro charger of course so I would be running 7 psi with pro charger's tune. If you ran it for a while on their tune at 7 psi, can you tell me how it felt? Were the shifting point on the auto (mine is auto as well) better? Or did you run a different tune? Thanks.

Great 1/4 time btw!! 10s are my goal.

2012 automatic black Mustang 5.0, the most basic model LOL.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynwood View Post
I went with the stage 2 P1SC Procharger. It's very consistent at the track with traction. No heatsoak issues and at 8psi it makes 593 rwhp 450 rwtq and ran a [email protected] last time at the track spinning off the line with a crappy 1.75 60'. I went with Procharger because I feel the centrifugal superchargers are a bit easier on the engine because the torque is less and not as hard on the engine and wanted to keep my power level more on the conservative side so I can run the stock engine as long as possible. That's just me though.
I wouldn't limit power just because of a roll cage rule at the track though. You will be bored with 500rwhp before you get home from the dyno tune especially going from what you have now the car might not feel too much faster than what it is now. Depending on your track you will probably get a few runs before they tell you to quit. It just depends on how strict they are. I have ran a bunch of runs under 11.50 at my track and haven't been kicked out yet. I go when there isn't much going on just test and tune and they seem to be a lot more lenient than I was expecting.

The P1SC pro charger will be smog legal in my state in 2 months. I'm looking into this one for sure. I was just going to run 7 psi with pro charger's tune. Did you run this set sup? If so, how were the shift points? Mine is 100% stock so I am looking for more aggressive shifts. If not, what tune did you run?

Great 1/4 mile time btw!!!

PONY Member

I'm running a Lund tune with my procharger and I really like the way he tuned the transmission. the shifts are firm and the trasmission doesn't upshift as quickly as with the stock tune. AED is also supposed to be good but I have no experience with them.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
Apprentice

Garage
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a TVS having a higher intake temp would cause more knock due to the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Centris are a ***** not bc of the blower but bc of all the pipe routing crap and potential for false knock, actually. A TVS concentrates all the install on the top of the engine and just runs a couple water lines out front. You can have the intake manifold off in about 1/2 an hour on this car.

Lots of parts. Still slow
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehead View Post
Thanks for all the input - I have decided on the Edelbrock Stage 2 with a custom Dyno tune - Looks like about 580rwhp - Found a guy who can put in a bolt on custom roll cage that is easy to remove and that will meet the specs I need down to 10.5 so what the hell!!! I already have all the suspension mods I need to keep it down and stable - I am sure I will break something but that is just a excuse to put something better in LOL
Get a Roush if you are looking for a big name kit. That E Force has a TERRIBLE intercooler setup and not a lot of room to grow.

Look into the DOB kit if you want the coolest running system out there...................and it costs the least amount of money.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelforFire87 View Post
I'm running a Lund tune with my procharger and I really like the way he tuned the transmission. the shifts are firm and the trasmission doesn't upshift as quickly as with the stock tune. AED is also supposed to be good but I have no experience with them.
I'm looking to get the same setup up you have. I want to keep motor stock and not do too much. Is there a name for the Lund tune? Or do they do it on a client to client basis? How much was the tune if you don't mind me asking.

What I'm trying to gain is speed as I'm already rolling. For example traveling on the freeway or something. Do you notice a big gain there? I'm assuming you do.

Thanks

PONY Member

The Lund custom tune is $450 for a supercharger and requires data logging with a laptop. You can purchase the tune from the Lund racing website or from various resellers. I got mine through lethal performance. You may also want to reserve dyno time if your not comfortable with data logging on the street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
USAmuscle4life likes this.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelforFire87 View Post
The Lund custom tune is $450 for a supercharger and requires data logging with a laptop. You can purchase the tune from the Lund racing website or from various resellers. I got mine through lethal performance. You may also want to reserve dyno time if your not comfortable with data logging on the street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks! Can't wait to get this setup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page