LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borchert97 View Post
That Raxiom unit a few of you have mentioned was another thing I was going to mention as an option but it sounds like the general consensus is that it's decent but definitely not OEM-quality like the 8" screen is, so that puts that to rest. I think I'm definitely going to hunt for a GT with the navigation package and the heated seats if I can get it.

I've found a few with the navigation that have or don't have the heated seat buttons, one with a glass roof also, unfortunately none with navigation and recaros except for a few Roushes that are way above my pay grade but I can tolerate not having them. The list of Mustangs listed as GT Premiums that end up not being Premiums also annoys me.
It took me about a month to find mine. It wasn't listed when I first started searching, then popped up after a while. Just take your time and hopefully you'll fine one. Mine came in the color I wanted and had all the options I wanted. Just vet the seller and the car thoroughly.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Press buttons 3 and 6 at the same time on a tech car with ign on and see what happens. You'll have to hold them for a few seconds.
That's a very comprehensive diagnostic screen. Pretty cool.

Apprentice

I regret not getting the navigation system and recommend it personally. I like the idea of having internal navigation on the dashboard and a radar detector on the windshield, that is the setup I would like to own

Retired but not forgotten
2014 Mustang V6 Performance Pack, Airaid CAI, Automatic 3.31
stock 0-60: 5.8 seconds
tune and cai: 5.2 seconds

Rookie

I personally love the Nav. Easy to use and not glitchy like the newer ford nav systems with Mytouch. I would say if you can get a car with it, def go for it.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
I had the same problem and hated it! A friend suggested using Bluetooth instead...
Concur, until the iphone or ipod starts to run low on batteries, such as on a long trip. Then as soon as I plug it in its back to the lockout mode.

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I got the Navigation and I'm glad I did. There was a software update in the past year or so. Make sure you get that installed. It fixed a problem I had with my iphone. I had to wait until the unit was fully booted before plugging-in the phone to the USB port. If I didn't wait, I couldn't get Pandora to work. Now, I just plug it in, start the car and I'm good to go.

I like the touch screen interface because I find the HVAC buttons a bit annoying to use. I have the dual zone climate system. The vent/defrost buttons are way at the bottom and looking at them is a big distraction (to me). The touch screen has big pictures to show what's what.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
My track pack doesn't have it - but it wasn't really on my list. My ex's Equinox had an awesome system so I do miss it - but wait some one said seamless use - and then someone else said a phone call turns off the AC? - so it is SYNC based then - lol

Basically decide what you want and then hunt it down -no regrets that way

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN5.0 View Post
My track pack doesn't have it - but it wasn't really on my list. My ex's Equinox had an awesome system so I do miss it - but wait some one said seamless use - and then someone else said a phone call turns off the AC? - so it is SYNC based then - lol

Basically decide what you want and then hunt it down -no regrets that way

Scott
The phone call/AC thing has nothing to do with the OE GPS system. There is no such issue. They were talking about an aftermarket Kenwood, and even then it was just a setting.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ahh - I stand corrected - it was more of a SYNC shot I was taking really cuz it drives me crazy in both the Mustang and the Escape - lol
Please return To the regularly scheduled program

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
Apprentice

seems to me that the most up to date option is a Smartphone utilizing GOOGLEMAPS, iMaps or my new personal favorite, unregistered WAZE, which tells me where law enforcement/speedtraps are located.

Since my SYNC works perfectly with the iPhone 4S I'm a happy guy.

Still, having the factory system would be far cleaner to deal with.

RWSRWS

2013 GT Premium Coupe - white (auto) 3-M Crystalline,factory 19”wheels, black rocker stripe/heat extractors, redline leather armrests & console Silverhorse qtr windows Polk & Infinity speakers,DYNAMAT EXTREMEGT500 A-backs
1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Fctry Supercharged still own
1938 Studebaker President still own
1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)
1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)
1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold-owned since age 11
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I have nav but still use my iPhone. I'm changing music from Sirius to radio to my iPhone too much. The touch screen makes it worth it.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu13gt View Post
Pretender the raxiom system is not your only choice. The Idata stuff will also keep a lot of the sync functions if you choose to use them. And then you get to choose between several Kenwood or pioneer head units to get the functionality that you want.
I ended up not getting the Raxiom - I did get a Pioneer 8100 Nex and Scosche set-up. I LOVE IT.

It has Android Play which I haven't even checked out. I hired an installer who did a great job - looks factory. Here is the before and after shots

BEFORE

AFTER

(2) 2014 Mustang GT/CS Premium California Special Race Red
1 Convertible w/Black Top
1 Coupe with Panoramic Roof
Coupe has the navigation system, Vert after market Pioneer 8100 Nex with Metra Kit
Both 19 x 8.5-in. machined face with black
painted aluminum wheels
Both with 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Really NICE! Please let us know how Android Auto works when you try it out!

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush • 79mm Pulley • ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake • GT500 Axlebacks • UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs • Koni STR.Ts • 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s • 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretender View Post
I ended up not getting the Raxiom - I did get a Pioneer 8100 Nex and Scosche set-up. I LOVE IT.

It has Android Play which I haven't even checked out. I hired an installer who did a great job - looks factory. Here is the before and after shots

BEFORE

AFTER

That looks great.
Rookie

Garage
I have a 2013 GT/CS with navigation and I would say that the touch portion (sync) is worth it, although slow and laggy(i've heard the new sync is awesome though). Now for the navigation at least for me in Calgary, Canada where the city is growing really fast it is COMPLETELY useless. It's lacking so many roads that it is unusable and I just use my iphone instead, on top of that the map updates are 200$ and still lacking to many streets to be useful, the only useful thing is they seem to have good info about road constructions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page