13-14 Navigation System Worth It Or Nah? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
I purchased the Raxiom and installed it myself. For me it was a no brainer! It's a plug and play unit utilizing all the Sync and steering wheel controls. Additionally, unlike the Ford nav unit, the Raxiom screen is HD. Also, the additional built in connectors allows me to connect my DVD player so I can watch my Star Wars movies on the HD screen while my is in the store shopping.

JediDave
The "Force" is with Raxiom

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raxiom-GPS.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	513017  

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Here's a flash: the in-dash CD player and Nav screen from the factory will play your Star Wars movies off DVD as well. No need for an additional box.

As I said on the first page of this antique thread: I love the factory Nav. Had it on both of my s197s and would not give it up for anything. I am glad there is a least a decent alternative out there for people who don't have it though.

freewayflyer likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
PONY Member

Garage
That's nice! However, since my Mustang GT/CS didn't come optioned with a Ford OEM nav, I purchased the Raxiom unit over others available on the market. It performs well for the price and I'm extremely satisfied.

JediDave

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
That's nice! However, since my Mustang GT/CS didn't come optioned with a Ford OEM nav, I purchased the Raxiom unit over others available on the market. It performs well for the price and I'm extremely satisfied.

JediDave
Have you had any issues with it randomly shutting down or anything? It seems to be a toss up from reading reviews.
GT Member

After wrecking my fully loaded 2012 BBP in Sept. I had to look really hard to find an MGT loaded the way I wanted it, namely, with everything, except the Recaros and glass roof, in a good colour.

Luckily my plucky GF found the SGM '14 I have now at a used car dealer locally and brought it to my attention. Had all the options and even the automatic I wanted, because I was tired of all the MT82 racket and I'm driving in town 95% of the time. The only thing missing is the backup camera but, I can deal with that, if I get motivated. Radar and mirrors have proved to be ok alone.

This is the problem with MGTs, is they are build to order and 2nd owners don't always get their pick. There are lots of Mustangs, but, only a select few the way I want them bc, the option load pushes the price close to 50K where I live.
freewayflyer likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
PONY Member

Garage
king 13:

No, the Raxiom unit has performed flawlessly for me. Sync and all steering wheel buttons work as should. The back-up camera projects a brightly lit and extremely clear picture on the nav screen.

Jedi Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page