Ford Racing Radiator with Roushcharged Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ford Racing Radiator with Roushcharged Mustang

I am planning on installing a Ford Racing Aluminum radiator, M-8005-MGT on my 2012 GT with the Roush supercharger. I have two questions: is the Roush intercooler coolant is completely separate from the radiator coolant, like two separate closed systems? and what is the coolant capacity of the new radiator? The owner's guide says the stock capacity is 13.0 quarts, or 3.25 gals. I am just not sure how much coolant I need to buy and if I need to account for the coolant in the radiator plus the coolant in the intercooler system.

Thanks for any help.

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades

Last edited by Mustang04Guy19; 01-08-2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016
Apprentice

They are completely two separate systems. The reservoir mounts side by side with your existing one. I'm not sure the total amounts needed, Depends on the reservoir size and add in the hoses.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks; I assumed it was two systems, just wanted to verify. I am assuming I will have to remove both the radiator reservoir and the intercooler reservoir to access/ replace the stock radiator so will need to refill both the new radiator/ radiator reservoir and the intcooler reservoir. The reservoir tanks are both stock; picture below.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAI after.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	489266  

2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Manual
Mods: Roushcharger, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, MGW Shifter, Flowmaster Hushpower Cat-back, various suspension upgrades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant capacity , ford racing radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page