Just bought a 2013 GT. HP numbers? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Talking Just bought a 2013 GT. HP numbers?

So I'm back in the mustang world after about a 4 year hiatus. I picked up a 2013 Ingot Silver GT Base w/ 6 Speed, Tech Package, and 3.73s. It had 37k miles. I got it for $20,995. Couldn't pass it up. I efffin love this thing! Huge upgrade from my almost stock 02 True Blue GT. Haha. Bought 2013 with some aftermarket mods already. It looks to have the Magnaflow Competition Cat Back (Sounds so nasty!), Roush CAI, and a Poweraid TB Spacer. Not sure if it has been tuned or not, but I was wondering if anyone on here would have an estimate on how much HP it should be putting down with said mods. Just a ballpark figure, as I know every car is different and without knowing if its tuned, who knows. I will eventually get it to a dyno and see what she is really putting down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016
Apprentice

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Thanks. That's about where I figured. Can't wait to see where she really is and start modding.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016
GT Member
S197 Member

Depends on the tune. Anywhere from stock to maaaaybe +15 or 20 depending on how good the tune was.

Ditch the TB spacer.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016
PONY Member

Garage
It would likely be putting out a few HP over stock as the mods you listed don't make major differences in power. If it has a tune that is where most of your power gains are going to be.

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016
Apprentice

If you did not receive a "tuner" with the car we will assume it was put back to stock or never tuned. If it is tuned without getting the tuner with the car you have a problem.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would definitely buy a Xcal4 as your next mod. Mine didn't come with a tuner but had a BAMA decal under the hood. Luckily i still had an xtra Xcal 3 at the house. I wouldn't really beat on it till you get it tuned. I'm going to guess in the 380-385 range too.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Thanks for the info, guys. I honestly do not think it's been tuned since, after more research, I found the CAI to just the short tube, filter,and box from Roush. Which is listed as not needing a tune on American Muscle. Its one of the cheapest ones on there, so I'm going to assume the last owner was cheap or on a budget and definitely didn't put out the cash for a tune.
But, I just bought a weighted shifter from Flossy and a Barton Shifter for my first mods. That stock shift is so awful. After that, I think springs are next, but then gonna look into a tune.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TRUBLUGT View Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I honestly do not think it's been tuned since, after more research, I found the CAI to just the short tube, filter,and box from Roush. Which is listed as not needing a tune on American Muscle. Its one of the cheapest ones on there, so I'm going to assume the last owner was cheap or on a budget and definitely didn't put out the cash for a tune.
But, I just bought a weighted shifter from Flossy and a Barton Shifter for my first mods. That stock shift is so awful. After that, I think springs are next, but then gonna look into a tune.
If you are doing springs to lower it, there is lots of other parts that need to come with that. There should be some good threads about needed parts.

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

PONY Member

Garage
Sell the Barton and get an MGW race spec, you'll thank yourself! If you want to lower more than 1 inch you should also get shocks and struts. A panhard bar, LCAs and relocation brackets are a must for any drop. I'd honestly address suspension for a tune. You'll put the power down much better.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

That CAI setup is probably a hair better than stock....maybe. I would just leave it as is. The tune is what gives the most HP when you look at someone getting their coyote tuned and then tuned with a CAI. So I honestly wouldn't spend $300 on a new CAI unless you find like a JLT for really cheap in good condition and you just want to have it.
Honestly, if you know how to drive that 6 speed, as in launching it at the track, and get some MT drag radials, you'll be a low 12 second car. Depending on DA, temp and such, could see high 11's.
With my Auto with tune, JLT CAI, cat deletes, X pipe and axle back and street tires I ran a 12.4 @ 113mph with a 2.0 60'. And that was also with BMR lower control arms and panhard bar. I still need to install the upper and a few other mods. Then torque converter and DR's and 11's will be cake.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page