Rear Axle Removal Torsen vs Trac-Loc? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Rear Axle Removal Torsen vs Trac-Loc?

Ford has released a rear brake pkg to upgrade to the 13 inch rotors, it is just the rotors and the brackets (similar to Steeda) Is the procedure for pulling the axles in the Torsen the same as the Trac-Loc? As in "pull the pin, push in the axles, pull the c clips and slide out the axles"?
I've done a bunch of trac locs but this is my first Torsen.
Also
Does anyone else find $399 for two brackets and two rotors ridiculously expensive? (CDN is trading at about $1.49 for $1 USD at the moment not helping either!!!)

TIA

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016
GT Member

I just did that install. The procedure was the same. Open the diff, undo the cross bolt pin, slide the block out and push the axles in. Very easy. I ordered my brackets and rotors from Tasca parts. I think it came out to like $300

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
Go to an OEM repair parts website like Levittown and buy the parts there. I bought the GT500 brackets for about $60 each and two new rotors from Centric. I reused the pads and original calipers. I did it two years ago and it was about $250.

The Ford kit is just OEM stuff that's been substantially marked up. You can find a lot of the same parts offered under the Ford Racing brand (or whatever they call it now) in the OEM repair parts catalogs for a lot less than what the kits are being advertised for. Doing a little bit of homework can save a lot of money. Not always, but quite frequently.

https://levittownfordsupercenter.com...n-parts/#parts

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Excellent, thanks for the feedback - I'll get digging on the parts

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page