LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
2013 mustang GT remote start issue

Hi,

I have a problem with the remote start of a friend's GT recently received in Luxembourg from Canada.

When we try to start the car with the remote, the car is doing the normal check, we ear it cheking if the doors are closed, the horn ring one time and the, when the car is supposed to start, the alarm is directly activated.

I tried to reset the module to factory default and reprogrammed the transmitter but there is no change. The alarm is always activated instead of starting the car.

This is a Ford OEM mounting, not an aftermarket. I can't go to a local dealer as this is not an officially imported model in Luxembourg or France and Ford Europe doesn't want to work on our cars.

The battery voltage is OK, the automatic transmission is in P, doors are closed and car is locked, there is no MIL,... I'a lost. Can someone help?

2007 Shelby GT BV5

1989 Fox Convertible GT BV5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Giving a feedback on this topic, maybe this can help someone else.

After the reseting the module as per factory and reprogramming the transmitter, this was not enough. I had to reprogram the PATS also on the transmiter like we program a third key when we have the 2 original keys. Then, the fourth and last thing I did was entering the Tach mode and puting the settings to ON. Then we were finally able to start the car. I made a last modification to avoid the car shutting down when you open the door.

Hope this will help.

2007 Shelby GT BV5

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by titi57 View Post
Giving a feedback on this topic, maybe this can help someone else.

After the reseting the module as per factory and reprogramming the transmitter, this was not enough. I had to reprogram the PATS also on the transmiter like we program a third key when we have the 2 original keys. Then, the fourth and last thing I did was entering the Tach mode and puting the settings to ON. Then we were finally able to start the car. I made a last modification to avoid the car shutting down when you open the door.

Hope this will help.
Glad you got it sorted out. Have you determined what caused the problem in the first place?

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
No, I don't know. This is an OEM remote start probably installed by a Ford dealer in Canada. I assume this was correctly installed. As the car spent few weeks in customs and transit from Canada to Luxembourg, I think the battery voltage came low during the non use period of the car and it deprogram the remote function.

After 3 days, the car still starts fine with the remote, so I think everything is fine now.
crjackson2134 likes this.

2007 Shelby GT BV5

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016
PONY Member

Brilliant work!!!

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page